Is my mother jealous or just concerned?

Options

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    It seems to be that every time I loose weight or say I'm going to loose weight my mother is always like you don't need to loose weight.

She gets angry at me when I Exercise am I just being paranoid or is she genuinely jealous of my success?

Does anyone else have a saboteur or demotivater trying to crush their success?

Sometimes it's genuine concern and sometimes it's their own insecurities speaking and the fact that you are succeeding that shows them their own failure. The more you succeed at this journey the more you will experience resistance, you are swimming against the tide of society. Some of it is just people need time to adjust to the new you. I've been maintaining for over a year now and people are finally accepting the new fit me and this is the way it is. I refuse to let anyone sabotage my efforts and it's kind of a constant battle and will be for me until the end of my days I imagine. I know what I want and I got it. I know what I want to keep and I will keep it. This is your body and YOU OWN IT. OWN IT. DECIDE. :):)
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You didn't say what you weigh, what you want to weigh, or whether you have a history of ED.

Without knowing that, it's impossible to answer this question.
    ^^^^^ I agree. You can be 95lbs and 5'6 and she may be right!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Well, since no one can see your profile, none of us can know if you need to lose weight or not. So how would we know if she is concerned or envious?

^This! If your privacy is so important that we can't see your pic or profile then why ask for our opinion? The 2 or 3 sentences you provided doesn't give us nearly enough insight to give an informed answer.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You didn't say what you weigh, what you want to weigh, or whether you have a history of ED.

Without knowing that, it's impossible to answer this question.

Nah, you don't no silly thing like that. All you need to know is that her mother is like, totally jealous of her because she ruined her mothers vajayjay by being born. So rude!

Ruined vajayjay...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    ^This! If your privacy is so important that we can't see your pic or profile then why ask for our opinion? The 2 or 3 sentences you provided doesn't give us nearly enough insight to give an informed answer.

If you look at the OP's prior posts, you'll see that she has suffered with eating disorders. That's what leads me to think her mom is concerned and not jealous.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    post doesn't say if you are over weight or not, or how old you are? Could she just be worried about you? If you are overweight maybe just sit down and talk with her and ask her for some ideas, or see if she wants to walk with you or exercise along with you. Let her see that you are just trying to be healthy and not harm yourself.
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Your mom is just worried about you
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    You said in a previous post that you had three years worth of Eating Disorders. So she's concerned, rightfully so.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    if your mother is an "older" person, they are usually "old school". most older people don't like the look of skinny women these days.
    their thinking is.....if you're a bigger person then you are healthy. i know thats how my grandparents were.
  • crystelnicole
    Options
    I lost 119-121lbs in three years. Since then, my mom is a real ***** with me....
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh 144 pounds and what to get down to 133 pounds and I'm 5ft5.5. I don't need to loose weight I'm a healthy weight, i just want to be on the lower end of a healthy weight scale.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I weigh 144 pounds and what to get down to 133 pounds and I'm 5ft5.5. I don't need to loose weight I'm a healthy weight, i just want to be on the lower end of a healthy weight scale.

If what others have said is right, that you've suffered from EDs for a bit, then your mother is being cautious and you shouldn't hold it against her. She's worried. If you're doing it in a healthy way, then you need to reassure her.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    More importantly, would she be concerned about your use of the word "loose?"

Oh my god, thank you!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It seems to be that every time I loose weight or say I'm going to loose weight my mother is always like you don't need to loose weight.

She gets angry at me when I Exercise am I just being paranoid or is she genuinely jealous of my success?

Does anyone else have a saboteur or demotivater trying to crush their success?

If you're not overweight, then the comments about you not needing to lose weight make sense. HOWEVER, if she gets mad at you when you engage in healthy levels of exercise (or any exercise at all of you are sedentary), then I would say something else is going on, but I don't have enough information about your mother to say what that something else might be.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Beats me, but if it were me, I'd stop telling her and "just do it."

This.
  • ErzaScarlet
    Options
    More importantly, would she be concerned about your use of the word "loose?"

Sorry it was a typing error. I'm not perfect and neither are you.
  • ErzaScarlet
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    if your mother is an "older" person, they are usually "old school". most older people don't like the look of skinny women these days.
    their thinking is.....if you're a bigger person then you are healthy. i know thats how my grandparents were.

Have you ever heard of the '60's model 'Twiggy?' Hero worship of super slim women goes back quite a while.
  • ErzaScarlet
    Options
    I wrote this post for advice on my mother not on my grammar! Why are people so obsessed with trying to correct and belittle people!

People should think more about their actions instead of trying to knock down my confidence about my Flipping grammar!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I wrote this post for advice on my mother not on my grammar! Why are people so obsessed with trying to correct and belittle people!
    People should think more about their actions instead of trying to knock down my confidence about my Flipping grammar!

Seriously, just ignore those comments. I'm a mom and probably have a child your age. If you were my daughter and had an eating disorder, I would be concerned whenever I saw you "dieting" or starting to exercise a lot. Exercise is great, but for your mom, it could send a red flag. Ya know? Talk to her about it.