SURPRIZE!!!

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    He puts up with me. Enough said.

yea, pretty much this...

He does tend to do things "because it's Friday"...flowers on my car, bottle of wine, clothes...
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    There are men out there who do this? Where are they?

I used to bring little treats and do stuff like that... even though it wasn't reciprocated but I quit on Valentines day when the flowers he stopped for (at the gas station on the way home from work) were plastic. :angry:

I definately envy all of you with lovely stories of how your partner shows that he thinks of you. Notes... flowers... t-shirt... support... so great.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    No SO here, but a "friend" sent an Edible Arrangements bouquet to my job with a note that said "Just Because".
    Very sweet :smooched:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    He has traveled hundreds of miles with me... and my kids and dog.
    He cooks for and WITH me.
    He taught me how to make pupusas and curtido. :love:
    He has made tamales with me.
    He ran 5, 6, then 7 miles with me when I was training for a half marathon. (he's a cyclist)
    He's let me borrow one of his bikes.
    He's taken me on several dates... even though he was very clear when we first met that he does NOT date. (lol)
    Even if he's not tired, he'll let me take a nap on him.
    He's taken days off of work to simply be my emotional support (and go hiking with me).
    He brings wine and starts my fireplace.
    Encourages me to be the person I should be, and am capable of being.
    All around, my guy is amazing, and deserves to be treated as such.
    :smooched:
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That he didn't kick my *kitten* out of bed the other week when I subconsciously dutch-ovened him.
  • escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ohh I didn't know so many men were so sweet! If I had known that maybe I wouldn't be a lesbian!! Hmm probably not.. My SO supports me on this journey and doesnt complain when I wake her every workout morning at 545am to let her know she is in charge of the our sons for the next hour and a half. And she put up with my *****ing and moaning about weight loss/gain struggles! I will kepp her around alittle longer
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    While I cannot really go into some of the amazing things he has done for me or because of me, he is amazing. He cooks often, and has changed the foods that he cooks to correspond with my changes, he texts me every morning just to see how my day is going and to tell me he loves me, he will take pictures of pretty flowers in people's yards to send to me, plus, he throws down in the sack like a mofo!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If my husband did that I would be seriously suspicious about what he had done.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    my cat left a dead mouse by my front door.... im sure it was because i am pretty :sad:
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    How sweet!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I dont have a SO. Beautiful flowers though.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I make sure my 20-month-old son is fed, clean...having a good day. Make sure the dishes are done and that dinner is ready and waiting first thing as soon as she walks in the door.

Although I am well trained...I refuse to vaccuum! :D
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    my cat left a dead mouse by my front door.... im sure it was because i am pretty :sad:

You're definitely the apple of their eye :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    There are men out there who do this? Where are they?

I used to bring little treats and do stuff like that... even though it wasn't reciprocated but I quit on Valentines day when the flowers he stopped for (at the gas station on the way home from work) were plastic. :angry:

I definately envy all of you with lovely stories of how your partner shows that he thinks of you. Notes... flowers... t-shirt... support... so great.
    Good job. That did remind me of a song you might enjoy "Gas Station Roses" by Natalia Zuckerman. I saw her on Cayamo 2012 and she was great. There is someone great out there for you, you just aren't ready for them yet.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend gave me flowers "just because" last weekend. He said the roses looked pretty and he thought of me when he saw them so he bought the roses for me. How sweet!! :love:
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i dont have a so!!!!!!!! and i cant even remember the last time someone even sent me flowers...;( But urs r beautiful!!!!!!!
  • gissalm
    Options
    He puts up with me ... He is awesome. He cooks for me and he change the way he does it to help me in my weight loss. He cleans the house, takes the trash out, tells me he loves me every day ... and he will be missing work on Friday 16th with me because he's taking me to see Twilight :heart: lol now that's love!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    He's let me borrow one of his bikes.

Ok, now that is totally badas$. You must be very special. Especially if his eyes didn't crinkle up to check for damage.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, there are so many ways. He cooks for me, he cleans, he's the gardener, he's been canning, he kisses my boo-boos, he cuts vegetables for me (since I'm not very handy with knives..he is a retired chef), he does bring flowers home to me sometimes just because or a piece of jewelry that makes him think of me (usually its a butterfly)....he's wonderful and I never want to live without him! :blushing:
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Right there with ya!