Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Morning Workouts

Does anyone get their work out in in the early AM? I have tried before but just could not make it a habit. I am thinking about trying an AM workout before work tomorrow and would love a friend/friends to keep me accountable and to stick to AM workouts with me!

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    I am a terrible morning person. I told myself I would do AM workouts and just never did. I said forget it and go straight from work now and it works perfectly for me. I wish you luck with this! It's not easy to become a morning person.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    I have in the past. Right now, I am doing a Nov. challenge"morning mile", AND I feel SO much better when I get at least a mile in in the morning(very first thing I do) I still workout in the evenings, but I am thinking about changing my routine.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    You need to work out when it suits you, your body and your lifestyle best. I'm a morning person so it's easier for me to get up early and go for a ride or whatever. But by the time I get home from work, I just need to rest and relax.

So just figure out what's right for you.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Don't feel like you MUST work out in the morning--just find a time that will work with your routine! I personally do work out in the morning (4:30 the alarm goes off, 5:15-6:45 I'm at the gym, 7:15 off to work). It's just a matter of not making it a question. There is no "Am I going to the gym today?" The alarm goes off, and you ARE going to the gym today. Now I feel off if I don't get up till 6. But if you told me I had to work out at 5:00, I would still be 40 pounds heavier because I would never go. Just do what works for you!
  • I'm not a morning person but it's the only time I know I can get to the gym. After work gets too hectic. Also, it feels so much better when I know I'm done for the day when I get outta work, instead of having to change and hit the gym.

But with that said, I tried for years to do this, and it's only been the past few months that I've been able to get myself to consistently wake up and go. I agree with people who say don't sweat it if the morning doesn't work for you.
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    thanks everyone! i do tend to be a morning person and the few weeks i did AM workouts before were awesome, i loved it. but just like someone mentioned i started making it a question rather than a statement of whether i am going or not. it's really the only convenient time for me to workout so i just need to really buckle down and stick with it. these cold winter months will really be a true test :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I'm at the gym by 4:40am M-TH.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    I think the trick is to get enough sleep the night before. I am usually asleep well before 10 pm and get up at 4:45 am to workout. Good Luck!
  • bfcano
    bfcano Posts: 19
    I find that if you pack your clothes i.e. what you'll wear to work out and then what you'll wear to work it's a lot easier to mindlessly get up and out the door. I even take it a step further and pack a healthy lunch the night before.
    This makes it way easier for me to fit in a morning workout.
    Also you might try just one or twice a week a first until you get into the habit of doing morning workouts frequently.
    And always have a little snack before your workout it will give you more energy to push yourself.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    http://magazine.foxnews.com/food-wellness/better-workout-morning-afternoon-or-evening =)

I'm tooootally a morning workout person. But some of my friends tooootally aren't, lol.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    I am a total morning person, and love working out in the morning, BUT, it is much harder for me when the weather is cold. Still do it, but it takes more coaxing. I run outside, so its just the initial blow, then I'm fine.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Wednesday mornings I am up at 3a and out the door by 345a to be at the gym by 4a to swim for an hour before work. The rest of the time I work out in the afternoons.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Tuesday and Thursdays are my AM workout days. I get up at 5:00 to run 2-3 miles and lift. It was really hard to get into the habit, but once you realize how much nicer it is to get it over with, you'll love it!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    I wish I could rise and shine but I practically trip over myself in the morning.
    I work out after work around 5:30 pm.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 81 Member
    I am trying something different too! got up this morning and put my walking shoes on at 6:00 a.m. and left the house and walked for a half hour. This afternoon I am walking to the polling place to vote. I really enjoyed the walk this morning and I am planning on doing it again tomorrow. Wish me luck; I tend to lose motivation quickly especially if my bed is warm and cozy and my cat is still sleeping!
  • I jog every week day morning from 7am-9am. Strength Train M, W, & F from 10am-11am and yoga Saturday mornings.
  • Selgar
    Selgar Posts: 31 Member
    I try to go every weekday morning at 6am - so far, so good! Feel free to add me. I love getting my workout's over with in the morning. I find it easier to make excuses in the evening
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    My workouts start at 5.45am. I pack my bag and put it in my car the night before. Alarm goes off at 5.30am, jump out of bed, plaster my hair down, brush my teeth and off I go!
    If I do not do this, I won't get to the gym due to work, family commitments and lots of excuses.
    I go to work straight from the gym knowing that my work out of the day is done and I feel so good!
    JFDI (just f**** do it) is my motto!
    it takes a few weeks to get in the habit but it's well worth it.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    If I don't get it done first thing, I most likely won't get it in. I feel so much better knowing I worked out already too !
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    I aim to walk my pup every morning, whenever it is that I get up or get home-- sometimes it's early sometimes it isn't.

Aside from a few early morning bike rides, I've never been able to plan to get up and make it happen.

With the walk, I know I am burning 100-150 calories early on and getting my blood pumping, but it doesn't really feel like exercise. I usually take my phone with me and just play on it and take photos along the way and before I know it we are back home. :)