Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 1/29 wk 5

Options

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Woke up with the neck ache and the cough and the sore throat:( not very happy about that!, and aunt flow came on by this morning :(
    feeling like a bag of garbage, Hope that I can get up and out this afternoon to meet the gym.
    Hope taht everyone has a great day!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

The weekend was okay. I actually attempted to log, but I didn't stick to it very well by the end of the day yesterday. At least it was a step in the right direction.

Hitting the gym after work today to do C25K w2. I hope I'm at that level. I worried I might need to go back to week1. My asthma is still giving me fits. I feel a little like I've gone backwards. My lungs just haven't been the same since I got sick.

Kelly, Miss V, and Sindy, I hope you all feel better quickly.
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey all! Good morning!
    Sorry MIA over the Weekend, Spent the whole weekend with my Sis. Getting ready to leave for the Hospital. Prayers Surgery is 2 Texas time, talk to yall later
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Miss V ~ hope your day gets better sweety! It's Monday!! ugh!

Crystal ~ I feel like I am starting on day one, with everything! I know no activity for 2 wks has had an affect on *all* of my abilities. Oh, well, not gonna let that stop me...pain for a few days and by the weekend, a little more energetic and better spirits! Looking forward to that! You'll be back in the swing of things soon!

Jacque ~ we pepper's are with you and your sis today......prayers, hugs, love and hope! Let us know how things go! take care dear :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Jacque - hope your sister's surgery goes well.

For all those not quite feeling themselves -- here's wishing your feel good days soon!

I have a very hectic week at work -- will be at alternate locations every day this week. So that means no lunch walk no end of work day workout. Just curves. Two days this week I'm expecting to be home LATE. And I'm in the office 1-2 hours earlier than normal due to the training I'm involved in.
    I'm truly hoping to get to curves 3x this week. And somehow I need to get at least one 1.5 run and push-ups/sit-ups. All I ask for this week is one fitness test elements this week -- next week I can do more.
    The better goal is to stay w/in calorie counts.

have a good week y'all - yes in South Jersey, I say y'all.
    Take care.
    Barb
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Okay, after a stutter start at the beginning of the year, I am finally logging food and exercise ladies!! I have missed you all so much! If I can still be a part of the team, just curious is weighin still Friday? I am gonna go read back through the last month, but hope things are well with you all!! :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    PORKA!!!! hey lady!!! we have missed you so much! weigh in is Friday or whatever works best for you!! glad you are back and on this journey with us!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Good Morning all!
    Well it was a very long day yesterday, But she came out well. Unhappy about not being able to move for 12-24 hours but well.Now the hard part, she will be sown about 6 weeks and she is so not happy. Its gonna be fun for all of us. I just got into work and as soon as I leave I either go to her or drive an hour out of town to pick up Nephew so it will be a long week. Sometime I got to get laundry done to leave for San Antonio for DD competition, she sooo excited wants to win real bad at Nationals. So ladies I know I will be makin a big mistake but me time is not gonna happen and now with Sis down and we have to help her recover and take turns driving nephew to work well lets just say I will be on the run mostly. Will try to eat clean but who knows, I really need to walk so I might have to do mini walks at work. Well go to get back to work so I catch ya later
    Jacque
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    When I got home last night I just wanted something fast so I could get some sleep, but I was a couple of hundred calories short and I got the under calories message. But still I am sticking to calories and will try to not go over or under too much. I really need to drink my water but I am finding it really hard to drink 8 glasses. I just like my chicken noodle soup when I am not feeling well I added a slice of bread to up the calories.

Have to go :bigsmile:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Morning Team!! Feeling pretty good today...just ate my brkfst so letting that settle some, and hopefully the belly cramps are gone now. More snow here last nite, so will be out shoveling in a bit. BL tonite, so I am excited for that! :bigsmile: Will keep busy today working on my chore list. All I managed to get in yesterday was WATP 2 mile, but I did use 5 lb wts. Didn't want to rush back into the workout with having the temp over the weekend. Well, have a great day everyone, make it count! Let's try as best we can to have a healthy week! We can do this!

Jacque ~ I am so glad your sister is ok. Now, might be the hard part...for all of you. Focus on one day at a time. There's sure to be some challenges for all of you, but you seem to have a caring family and I know you will get thru this. We'll all be here for you, good times and bad.....vents and celebrations! Just remember to try and take good care of you too! YOU matter! {{{hugs}}} :heart:

Sindy ~ I have good and bad water days. One thing that helps me is this 32 oz bottle I have that I keep at my kitchen sink. I try to get 1 down by noon, and then the next by supper time or so. Sometimes I buy fresh lemons or limes and slice them and add to my water. In the summer I freeze them and then it's like a frozen cube of lemon or lime in my water. Remember there is water in some of our fruits, veggies, soups, etc.....so that counts too. I have a rule that I can't get on MFP until I have had a glass of water!! and I drink a glass before each meal...Here's to another good day! YAY!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Well go to the gym yesterday! YAY neck was hurting real bad lastnight and I had the little one come home from school crying with a fever so battled it all night long. and Doing good so far this morning! making some tea to soothe my throat and on my way to drop off the big kid. Still unsure if I will get the little one to school or not today, even though Its tuesday I was thinking about going to the gym or something...we will see. Getting my water in and doing good on it.
    Hope taht everyone gets to feeling better.
    Jacque~ you are such a trooper! Seems like you are everyones cheerleader! maybe that is where your daughter gets it from LOL
    Kelly~ I dream of snow:( looks like we arn t gonna get any this year, not that we actually get a lot here:(
    Barb~Hang in there taht busy week sounds like a lot! make sure that you get your ME TIME when you get home!
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HEY ALL BEEN A MEMBER FOR A WHILE WAS PART OF THE BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE IN MARCH OF 2009 WHICH AT THAT TIME I LOST 35 POUNDS AND GOT SO TIED UP THAT I BECAME SLACK AND SWAMPED AT THE SAME TIME. MY WIFE GOT PREGNANT AND SO STARTED THE BABYS ROOM SECOND I GOT A NEW JOB AND AND STARTED BUILDING A SHED ALL AT ONCE NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS SO BUSY I COULD BARELY CATCH A BREATH WELL NOW THE BABY ARRIVED AS OF OCT1ST AND I AM BACK AND READY I HAVE NOT ONLY GAINED BACK MY INITIAL WEIGHT BUT HAVE GAINED A LITTLE EXTRA I AM NOW AT 320 AND DEPRESSED BUT ALSO READY TO DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT. TRYING TO GO TO THE GYM IS A CHALLENGE BECAUSE WHEN IM OFF I HAVE THE KID AND I ONLY WORK 10 DAYS A MONTH. IF YALL WOULD HAVE ME I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN WITH YALL AND REACH OUR GOALS TOGETHER. PS SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS IM NOT YELLING ITS JUST THAT I HATE TO TYPE AND THE SHIFT KEY IS A PAIN LOL.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    HEY M|KE!! SO good to see you!! Jacque509, Sassiebritches, & Porka are here, and Lynettep is out there occ'l. I remember when you mentioned in the spring of 09 about having the baby!! What a joy! What a cutie!! We would love to have you back on board with us on our journey to health!

For those of you who don't know Mike, he is the won who actually formed the "Green" team in Jan of '09, and was our fearless leader!! The gals listed above were on the team as well.

Welcome back n2dfire!! :smile:
  • n2dfire
    n2dfire Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    TY KELLY ITS NICE TO BE BACK LETS DO IT AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY LIFE WILL ALLOW ME TO DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Mike - welcome!:smile:

Jacque - I am glad that surgery went smooth for your sister. I hope she has a speedy recovery. Having family around to help with things will make go better. :flowerforyou:

MissV - It is no fun having a sick little one. I hope you and your little one get better quick. :flowerforyou:

Crystal - How did the c25k go last night? I hope your asthma wasn't a problem.

Sindy - Keep up the good work with staying in your calories. I wish I could do better at that. :smile:

Barb - Hope your busy week flies by for you!:smile:

Megan - How is your foot doing? Are things going better now that you are in a boot?

Porka - welcome back!

Kelly - I am glad you are feeling better today. Thank you for being a great team leader and motivator. :flowerforyou:

My son and I had our teeth cleaned today. :happy: I love that feeling of clean teeth that the dentist gives you. I am so hoping that they can make a mouth guard that my son can't pop off. He grinds his teeth so bad!:grumble: Ody is very uncooperative when he has to get blood taken. Today he did excellent at letting them take his blood. I am so happy that we don't have to do it again. Ody doesn't understand what they are doing and why so he makes it very difficult by fighting the nurses. It usually take 4-5 people to get Ody, who is maybe 100 pounds and in a wheel chair, to hold still long enough to get the needed blood. I try to explain it to him but because he is mentally disabled and non verbal we have no clue how much he understands.

Have a great evening everyone!:smile:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    angie i am doing good ...........but they should of never gave me a boot cuz now i think i can do everything .... i went for a 45 minute walk last week ..... granted it was great to get out of the house but OUCH my foot killed me

Hope everyone else is doing good

Welcome Mike
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Good to meet your Mike & Porka ....

I'm doing well under calories right now. I plan to go to curves then come home & have 1 medium bannana & 1 tablespoon of nutella (chocolate/hazelnut cream). That's my special treat - nutella.

Off to curves now...... then to bed much sooner tonight. I need to be at work at 6am. That's much earlier than normal for me.....

Take care all.
    Barb
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hi all, was nice to see alot of responses since my post lastnight. Plus some faces I hadn't even seen while I was still here (mike w/ a baby now!) and Angie - I had my teeth cleaned today too!

Glad to be back here, my short term goal is to get my times up on the stationary bike (did 45 minutes yesterday at a moderate rate) in order to attempt spinning? Seems very scary and we do not have a beginner class at LA Fitness and the classes are ALWAYS packed and turn people away. So that is a short term goal to work up to - courage :)

Jacque glad your sis is okay and thanks again to Kelly for being here for us all - hi Vita, Sassie and the rest of the team!! I hope to get to know those of you I am just meeting! Good luck and go drink - water that is :)
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Pepper's,
    Nice to meet you Mike and Porka.

Jacque so glad your sister is doing well.

Hope all our sick Pepper's are feeling better.

I am so mad at myself, I was doing really good, then went out to lunch with my son and got chicken parm over ziti, I figured it to be about 600 calories, but it was 1400, I was so upset, one meal and I was over more than 500 calories for the day and had no dinner yet. So I just had a very light dinner and went to bed still hungry. I should have checked the calories first. But I cant change it. Today is a new day. Thanks for letting me vent my frustration. On track today:bigsmile: Learning from my mistakes.

Well will check back in later. Have a great day :heart:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Happy hump day SHGP's!

Sunny and well, still a chilly 15* :bigsmile: I didn't get in any activity yesterday,cept the shoveling, so today that needs to change. I did however, have my dh help me highlite my hair last nite. First time for him, and it turned out very nice! So, the new 'do' makes me feel a little chipper! A little tummy pain after supper last nite, but it is almost gone! Trying to watch too if some foods are triggering it. I am not one to have stomach probs, so this is a concern for me, esp since my bio mom had colon CA. Still working on my chore list. Oh, my oldest pugger, 10, has this new lump on her leg. May require a vet visit. Seems ironic how we all share similar life goings on!

Barb ~ hope your early starts and busy week are going well and that you are getting to Curves. P/B is one of my fav snacks. I put it on apples, w/w toast and celery! YUM!

Erica ~ hope you and the family are feeling better! They predicted about 6 inches of snow for February, so far about 2. More coming for the weekend. I will get a pic soon and *share* my snow with ya!

Angie~ I get my teeth done in 2 weeks :bigsmile: So happy for Ody and his blood work yesterday. I used to be a phlebotomist at a hospital and drew labs on all ages. We all got so attached to our *special* pateints. No, they have no idea why it is happening, but that it can be painful. It hurt us as much as it did them, and those with them for the draw. All you can do is just comfort him, love him and tell him it will be over soon. My heart goes out to you. Ody looks like such a happy lil man! :heart:

Megan ~ hang in there toots! Not much longer and you'll be *free*!! take care!

Christie ~ hope you are doing well and keeping with your biking goals! you can do it!!

** HI ** to everyone else!! I'm so excited this week to be adding Mike and Christie to our chart!! Have a great day and do what is necessary to get you closer to your goals!! DO IT!