How many times a day do you eat?

Options

Replies

• richmiller82
    Options
    as much as you want as long as you keep to your limets and not eat before 6 - 8 pm
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Sometimes snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Supper
    ?leftover calories?snack
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I eat eight times a day for close to 2,400 calories. 6am, 8am, 10am, noon, 2pm, 4pm, 7pm, 9pm. This helps keep my metabolism charged all day and maximizing absorbtion of nutrients. DeterminedResults.com

Eating more frequently does not keep your metabolism "charged"....your metabolism would be the same whether you ate 3 or 8 times.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Since meal frequency has zero effect on metabolism I eat the way that keeps me satisfied 1-3 meal a day. I suggest eat the number of times that helps you stay satisfied and within your calories. That will be different for everyone.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    3 meals maybe a snack in between 2nd and 3rd meal depending on what shift I'm working. So about 4 times a day . I don't like having too long between meals, but once I've had my main cooked meal (normally in the evening , as it's the only time I get to cook) I don't get hungry after. On days off from work I will have breakfast later - maybe 11am instead of 7.30am (when I'm on an early shift)
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    I run a casein/whey I.V drip to make sure my body gets protein 24/7 to prevent catabolism.
  • manusaji
    Options
    I usually eat 3 meals a day averaging 500-600 kcal/meal. I guess reducing that to 3 meals and a snack still keeping the overall Cal intake same would be a better option to keep the gap between meals less and keep the metabolism better.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    4-6 meals a day.

you don't need a half hour to eat all of them:) most of the time its just a large snack and you can do it while working or during a small 15 minute break.
  • emersonkelly
    Options
    I do have three well balanced meals each day and healthy snacks or fruits in between these meals!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Once. I start at 5am and finish my meal around 7pm.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I eat 8-10 meals a day because it stokes my metabolic fire and it's the only way I can get diced to the socks.

What.

boom.jpg
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I take 3 bites every 14 minutes. My metabolism is TURBO MODE because of this.

Joking aside: I don't keep track, I just eat until I'm out of calories but typically it's two very big meals and I usually have 1.5 scoops of whey in my AM coffee, and ice cream or popcorn or some other treat at night.

Snort....

:laugh: :tongue:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times per day because that is what a bariatric doctor suggested for me. I feel good eating that way rather than three larger meals although he told me I could do that if I preferred.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day and depends on what I'm eating, some days only 2 meals, some days 3, some days I eat like...10. Just depends on how hungry I am and what I feel like eating that day.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    3 meals and one or two snacks.
  • ariellyn
    ariellyn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer. I don't eat many "meals" persay because I am a part-time working student so I am always on the go go go! I snack all throughout the day. Usually every two hours I eat, but it's always a small amount, like a piece of fruit or veg, a cup of yogurt, a handful of raisins or almonds. Every once in awhile I have a "sit down meal" but that doesn't happen very often.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Three meals a day plus two "snack sessions" for me. Eating at the same time every day seems to have helped regulate my metabolism.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Today one time, but usually two times
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I aim for 4-6 meals a day; and depending on your job your 'meal' can be a snack such as a bit of dried fruit with a protein source of your choosing

I thought of that, but unless I shove food down my throat on a bathroom break, there's not time to eat. I work in a restaurant.

Nah- I work in a restaurant too- I keep easy things in my apron pocket- trail mix- snack bars- nuts and raisins for example. I put an order in the computer- grab a handful of snack- munch it down and go make a salad or whatever other junk I need to do next. No restaurant sends you flying around from the second your shift starts til end - there are tiny moments. (not breaks, moments) All thru my shift- sure there may be 2-3 hours of a dead run- but thats it- eventually it slows to a regular paces after rushes.

And if its against the rules at your place to eat this way- yea mine too- but guess what- I never met a server that wasnt some kind of sneak against the rules. We're not allowed to eat the food we sell unless we buy it for half price, clock out and hide in our scummy lil break room. NFW- trail mix keeps me going til I get in my car and can have something more substantial. And yes I do pack something and leave it in the car since Im 30 minutes from home and dont want to wait any longer to eat something more substantial.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    3-4 meals. Depends how I feel but usually 3 meals and two snacks.