iPhone 5 v. Samsung Galaxy III

Options
schparks
schparks Posts: 74 Member
Today is my long awaited phone upgrade day, and I still haven't decided what to do. I'm leaning towards the Galaxy, because it allows for me to add storage with an SD card - I hate that Apple doesn't have that option. I use Rhapsody for music and I'm constantly saving albums to use offline, so the 16 GB goes fast. The Galaxy has a price advantage.

So many of my friends have the iPhone though, and love it. And the App Store is a little better in my opinion.

What should I do!? Should I wait for the next big thing?

Replies

• Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Iv got the S3, I love it!! :-)

I recently converted an appler to get it too (from an iPhone 5) and even he says he prefers it!

Its a personal choice, but it is a really really good phone in my opinion! :)
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    it has to be iphone after having an iphone you cant go back to any other phone they are just so simple to use do what i did pay a bit more and get the bigger 32g phone apple are great to if you live near an apple store if it goes wrong you just walk in they look at it and if its not a soft wear issue they change it there and then no waiting or sending it away mind you i had iphones for ages now and ive no probs since my iphone 3g hope this helps
  • corimat17
    corimat17 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have my upgrade next month and I was going back and forth between the two also! I would love to see what everyone has to say. The guy in Verizon recommended the Galaxy III over the iPhone.
  • nikkig716
    Options
    samsung, I love it. my daughter had an iphone and I can do so much more with my phone.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have the S II and I love it.
  • rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got the Galaxy S III and I love it!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just got the S3 and I love it. Samsung keeps making phones like this I will never get another I-phone
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    while they are both wonderful pieces of technology, there is no reason for you to switch if you want the SD card option that badly.

i don't think there is any way you will be disappointed in the Galaxy S3.
  • The_new_me_x
    Options
    I love my s3 got bored of the iPhone
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    My upgrade day comes later this month and I am switching from a Blackberry to either the S3 or the Note 2. I researched A LOT of phones and was really impressed with the Samsung phones. I have nothing against iPhones. I was just really impressed with the Samsung phones. I can't wait to check out the Note 2 when AT&T releases their version later this month.
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    And, yes, I know ... I am a dinosaur for using a Blackberry! LOL ... as far as apps and general "flashiness", it's pretty lame. But man it is a well built, durable phone.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My partner has the SIII and i have the old iphone4... and got to be honest absolutely love his phone!!! He used to have an iPhone but he prefers the Samsung to be perfectly honest!! I do love my iPhone that goes without saying, i am a true apple girl! But then again I was also a Blackberry addict at one point!!
    I wouldnt get the SIII personally as not so keen on Android but think both phones are definitely up there!

Good luck x
  • robisawesome
    Options
    Get an S3, they are amazing. Everyone I know who has iphones are always impressed with what my S3 can do. iphones are so limited and every model is pretty much the same as the one before.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I actually posted on facebook today: "So glad the election is over. Now let's go back to arguing about more important things like apple vs android. Seeing this post made me smile.

I, myself, am an android fan, so I would get the SIII.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I love my S3. The iPhone is nice but I like the S3 better.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Try both and then YOU decide - don't listen to a load of strangers on an Internet forum, who 99% of the time prefer what they currently have.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have Iphone 4, my son just got Samsung Galaxy III - I am upgrading to SGIII when I have an upgrade. IF YOU HAVE VERIZON BE AWARE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR UNLIMITED DATA PLAN WHEN YOU UPGRADE - YOU ONLY GET 2 GB NOW, YOU HAVE TO PAY $$ FOR MORE GB I was not told this when my son upgraded and he is away at college with no WIFI, was not a happy Verizon customer
  • phillips0911
    Options
    I used to have an iPhone and swore that when my upgrade came I'd get the 5... I then saw the S3 and compared them in store. S3 is amazing in comparison. It's hard to switch. But I could never change from Android now, and the s3 is awesome. Just check them both in store.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the SIII - I love mine, and I do have and use the expandable memory for music.
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Samsung, all the way!!!!! You can do way more with it :)