iPhone 5 v. Samsung Galaxy III

Options

Replies

• Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the SII and can't wait until my upgrade to get the SIII. Never been an iPhone person.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have galaxys3, it's fab, camera is amazing and battery life is great. The screen cracked after 2 weeks though :/
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've got the Galaxy SII and love it. I also have an iPad and am considering trading it in for a Galaxy Note 10.1 instead. I just like Samsung better, but it is personal taste.
  • f1ctional
    Options
    I am a bit behind, but I got rid of my 4S for a Galaxy SII, and I will never go back. I will probably get the SIII around upgrade time.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My house has both. My preference is the iPhone 5, but that's probably because I'm used to using it. I've had an iPhone since the first one came out. They are both great phones, so its really just personal preference. I say you play with both of them at the store and go with the one you like most.
  • crazyivan19
    crazyivan19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my iPhone 4S, but I have heard a lot of good things about the S3. I honestly think you can't go wrong with either. If the expansion of memory is important to you, I would go with the S3, though. That is something that Apple refuses to adopt, so I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.
    I have my upgrade next month and I was going back and forth between the two also! I would love to see what everyone has to say. The guy in Verizon recommended the Galaxy III over the iPhone.

Just wanted to comment on this real quick. I would NOT take the advice of the Verizon guy. The main reason Verizon will not recommend an iPhone is because they make no money on them, both as a company and as a sales team. It's why you will never see a sale on iPhones. Apple refuses to allow Verizon to lower the prices and, in fact, Verizon loses money with each sale of the hardware. They get it back a thousandfold with their plans, but it's still an initial loss. I learned this from an actual Verizon employee who was basically told straight up from his supervisors that he was NOT to push iPhones and was actually instructed to steer consumers away from them if possible.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm actually converting from an Android phone to an iPhone 5.... loved my Droid, but I have a real issue with the fact that the phones just can't keep up with the OS upgrades. My "top of the line" Droid is frozen at OS v2.3, and v4.1 is in the process of being rolled out. I really can't afford to keep buying newer phones because the hardware can't keep up with the software.

Considering that I own several MacBooks, iPods, and an iPad, this switch was inevitable. :smile:
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    I'm waiting for my upgrade but it will be the Samsung without a shadow of a doubt - i've heard too many people complaining about the iPhone to want that kind of hassle! :happy:
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    Android!! Get the Galaxy III
  • BooSayKy
    Options
    My son got the iPhone 4S and is planing to trade it in for the Samsung
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'd go S3, as a tech guy I can tell you pound for pound the Galaxy kills the iphone. A few things most people left out of this discussion are. The iphones new charger/adapter is chipped so 3rd party vendors cannot produce them yet which means when you need another one you will drop $30 or more for an apple certified one, yet another cash grab trick from Apple. The battery is not swappable but the phone is 4G, and the screen is bigger which equals faster battery drain with no way to combat it effectivly except for carrying your $30 Apple charger around with you. Apple's turn by turn Google killing maps are so inaccurate and poorly approached Apple is now conceding and working to allow google maps onto their phones. The super cool new ear buds are only useful when dry, if you use them to run/workout/ect they will constantly fall out due to the super glossy grippless finish. Apple phone cameras still do not shoot in true 1080p hd, like their annoying music files they beat to their own drum which mean your pictures/video will not be full screen on any product aside from Apple based one. Thats just the basics
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love my Galaxy! I can do so much with it. :smile:
    My hubby has iPhone 4s but I am not into the Apple products.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've had my Iphone 5 for about a week now and I love it! The only downside was having to wait a little over 3 weeks to get it. I believe if you go to the apple store they have them in stock. Good luck on whatever choice you choose.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I had an iphone 3GS and disliked it and upgraded to an HTC in April. I did not have a good signal with the iphone, I have a better stronger signal with the HTC in the same places. Personally I'd go with the Samsung GS3. I don't like the non-expandable memory of the iphone and that you have to have itunes. I love my current Android and my next phone will be an Android. The Note 2 would be good choice also.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    S3 is better because

Removable storage
    Way Better battery life
    Free or a lot cheaper apps
    Changeable themes
    cheaper accesories (waaaaaaaaay cheaper)

Also, want to put a film or a song on to your phone?
    Plug phone in to computer, copy and paste to phone
    Simple

On Iphone its a lot more time consuming.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I definitely prefer Samsung.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    S3,... root,... done.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    SIII FTW!!!

Galaxy-S-wins.jpg
  • schparks
    schparks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of your input!!! :) looks like Samsung is getting a majority vote. i was looking at the Note II, but Verizon won't have it until the end of the month, and i'm not sure i can wait that long (I have the world's worst phone, Droid X right now). :( i'm thinking with the holidays there might be sales on the SIII though... decisions, decisions!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I use a Galaxy S3 for myself but got stuck with an Iphone 5 from work. Battery life is S3 hands down. Interface if you are not tech savvy is Iphone (they dumb it down a lot to help you with it). Screen size the S3. The extra storage for my S3 is a lot nicer too. Now another area that the S3 shines over the Iphone is; if you have someone else who also has a S3 then you would love the photo and video sharing features. I would recommend S3 for couples for sure.