I hate loud Crunches in the office.....

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
Have you ever had to sit near people who crunch their food so loud that it sets you nerves on edge. Makes you have thoughts of pulling that axe you have hidden away under your desk for that zombie infestation and severing their jaw..........I do...........

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    1st world problem....(also posted from my work computer, same as you I'm guessing).
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had to sit near people who crunch their food so loud that it sets you nerves on edge. Makes you have thoughts of pulling that axe you have hidden away under your desk for that zombie infestation and severing their jaw..........I do...........

*munch crunch munch crunch*

WHA? I CAN'D HEAR OO. I MM CRUNCH*spit*IN..
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Yup. But in really pisses me off. Apple eaters are the worst ....Crunch and squish.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    haha yes and crisp eaters!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It's not as bad as working in an open area with women who chat incessantly about their birth stories
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I make slurping noises just to make the guy next to me wonder what I'm eating again!! :)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    There is a guy who has a lab across the hall from me who whistles idly all day. It makes me irrationally angry. Yesterday's musical selection was "God Bless America", quite out of tune.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    It's not as bad as working in an open area with women who chat incessantly about their birth stories

Or hoe gifted their kids are.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

I share an office with someone who crunches, smacks, and slurps. She makes alot of noise eating OATMEAL, for crying out loud! How do you make that much noise eating something you don't even have to chew?! She's a sweet gal, and I love her to death, but when she's eating, it takes every fibre of my being to restrain from strangling her.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    There is a guy who has a lab across the hall from me who whistles idly all day. It makes me irrationally angry. Yesterday's musical selection was "God Bless America", quite out of tune.

Exactly. I just want to punch them in the face. I cannot help it. My arm veins are actually tingly.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My cubicle neighbor eats chips and carrots EVERY DAY (counter-productive, yes). So not only do I get to enjoy him CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH (with mouth OPEN) on his carrots, I get to hear that effing potato chip bag wrinkle and crinkle around for a solid hour around 2pm. AHHHHHHHHHH :explode:
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Just as bad is over sented perfume or colone.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I don't mind crunching so much as chewing with their mouth open. If I hear crunching, I just shrug it off as somebody eating. Being someone who eats small amounts throughout the day, myself, I can't fault them for eating at work.

But there's something about another person's mouth making the same sound I make while slogging through a muddy field that bugs the heck out of me (probably because it also pulls up the mental image of watching them chew with their mouth open).
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    then you would "love" me right now sucking away on my pistachios lol
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Yes. You'd think they're eating with their mouths wide open.
  • smantha32
    Options

Or hoe gifted their kids are.

or their weirdo health problems and/or surgeries.

some people will get into all kinds of TMI in a public place.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Actually.. Thats one of the reasons I dont like going to the cinema.

In silent parts of the movie, all you hear is popcorn crunching/crisping and lip smacking chewing. Or slurping of sodas. Its annoying.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    My attempt for the win... a guy here is constantly on his personal phone with his lawyer. Bitter divorce going on, but I think he might win in front of the judge. Seems that his soon to be ex-wife attacked him and their child, and is currenltly sitting in Jail waiting to make bail. I'd think he'd want to go into a closed conference room, or at least outdoors for these kinds of phone calls. It's like a soap opera. Now I know why this guy is such as *kitten*, married to wack-a-doodle like that.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Actually.. Thats one of the reasons I dont like going to the cinema.

In silent parts of the movie, all you hear is popcorn crunching/crisping and lip smacking chewing. Or slurping of sodas. Its annoying.

At least I am considerate at the cinema, I get the silent TCBY
  • smantha32
    Options
    My attempt for the win... a guy here is constantly on his personal phone with his lawyer. Bitter divorce going on, but I think he might win in front of the judge. Seems that his soon to be ex-wife attacked him and their child, and is currenltly sitting in Jail waiting to make bail. I'd think he'd want to go into a closed conference room, or at least outdoors for these kinds of phone calls. It's like a soap opera. Now I know why this guy is such as *kitten*, married to wack-a-doodle like that.

like attracts like. I'm sure he's no prize either. :smile: