Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    That's some problem....

tumblr_lz7hzkXzgo1r1amgeo1_500.gif

"Happy? Happy? Happy? Happy? Happy?"
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Head phones are a wonderful invention. I could not live without them at work....

I have a co worker that doesn't just eat apples and everything else, she moans and growns like she is having relations everytime she stretches and then after the moan she throws in Whee..(spelled it wrong) .

I had someone ask me if she was doing "you know what" because the noise was so intense.

This lady is a real " I want a man attention" and she knows how to get it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: Irrational feelings of anger triggered by sound is apparently called misophonia.

What's being described here is not an irrational response.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    YES! Especially when I first started this journey. My husband was NOT on board yet and he proceeded to eat an entire bag of Cinnamon Roll popcorn while seated next to me. Shoving calorie/salt laden popcorn into my mouth is one of the things that made me fat. I seriously wanted to wrap my hands around his neck and choke him! Thank God I had control of the remote that night.. he's still alive.
    I'm doing fine with that now but I still hate hearing people crunch food. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much sometimes, then not at all other times. I'm not hungry when it happens, it's just VERY annoying! Maybe I need some Xanax. LOL
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    There's a lady here that sits 3 cubes away and I hate when she eats breakfast. She clanks her spoon on her bowl for what seems like forever when she is doing it but in reality is only a couple of minutes. I wear headphones and unless I have the music turned up almost full volume, I can still hear her clanking. Her laugh grates on my nerves as well.

On the flip side, I'm loud and I'm sure I bother the tar out of other people. I know I'm loud and the harder I try to be quiet, the louder I seem to be. I walk loud, I talk loud, I sit loud, I even type loud. I guess I am overcompensating for being short.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Colleagues who don't lock the toilet cubicle door when they are on the job, no word of a lie, I walked in on a colleague less than an hour ago and I am still traumatised.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My cubicle neighbor eats chips and carrots EVERY DAY (counter-productive, yes). So not only do I get to enjoy him CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH (with mouth OPEN) on his carrots, I get to hear that effing potato chip bag wrinkle and crinkle around for a solid hour around 2pm. AHHHHHHHHHH :explode:

I had to share my office with my boss ate a tiny bag of baby carrots every day. Very irritating.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Colleagues who don't lock the toilet cubicle door when they are on the job, no word of a lie, I walked in on a colleague less than an hour ago and I am still traumatised.

Or leaving the ring of death on the seat.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I could say so much in this thread...
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I could say so much in this thread...

We are here for you..........
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    One of my friends wives hums when shes chewing with her mouth open.
    [/quote]
    Justifiable homicide.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    One of my friends wives hums when shes chewing with her mouth open.
    [/quote]
    Justifiable homicide.
    [/quote]

I agree as per an earlier post.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    me too
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I hate oral noises so much! My co-worker does that thing that kids do when they chomp really fast. She used to eat her lunch, which is McDonald's every damn day, then come out to my counter and suck her teeth. I had to say something a few times but she has finally stopped. I think I would have blown up on her if she hadn't. Oral noises remind me of the sounds of oral sex. Not something I want to think of my elderly co-worker doing.
  • amyrebtx
    amyrebtx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a guy who saw no problem with clipping his fingernails in his cubicle. Snip, snip, snip, right into his trashcan (thank goodness). Soooo gross, I'd almost rather hear someone chew.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I used to work with a guy who saw no problem with clipping his fingernails in his cubicle. Snip, snip, snip, right into his trashcan (thank goodness). Soooo gross, I'd almost rather hear someone chew.

Ever get hit by a stray?
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Haha, that happened to me in a coffee shop the other day. There was only one cubicle/bathroom thing and the lock was half red/half white so I thought it might be unlocked, so I gently pushed the door and there was like a 60 year old lady on the toilet. She kept on profusely apologising and going on and on through the door once I closed it whilst I was waiting outside, and someone else came to queue as well who was probably wondering what the hell was going on, it was awkward haha
  • amyrebtx
    amyrebtx Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Ever get hit by a stray?

OMG no! That would have been the final straw.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Again as i said in my last post, Headphones can be a girl’s best friend @ work. I work in a shipyard the office, but a shipyard no less..... I promise I have heard every noise and smell you can imagine, that is not exaggerating
  • AngryDiet
    Options

I once witnessed a morning commuter do this on the train.

She left a neat little pile of clippings on the seat next to her.