• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i know, right? i'm all for cow!
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LOL you are crazy lady.:tongue:

I prefer Turkey over Beef because I read it takes ground beef up to 30 days to digest in your stomach and gound turkey didn't. Plus I've just gotten used to the change and dont buy any read meats. But I will eat it if someone else prepares it.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Since I've been exercising I crave beef, but not the lean kind :laugh: And I'm not a fan of ground anything. I'll admit it, I love love love very rare beef steaks!!!!!!!!! I can eat raw beef! I don't, but if I go to a asian restaruant sometimes they have a lightly seared beef which is yum! I treat myself to beef once or twice a week! I get my fair share of chicken and fish, but nothing compares to a juicy steak!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Since I've been exercising I crave beef, but not the lean kind :laugh: And I'm not a fan of ground anything. I'll admit it, I love love love very rare beef steaks!!!!!!!!! I can eat raw beef! I don't, but if I go to a asian restaruant sometimes they have a lightly seared beef which is yum! I treat myself to beef once or twice a week! I get my fair share of chicken and fish, but nothing compares to a juicy steak!

I can do ground, no problem, BUT I am with you on the rare steaks or even raw, if it were safe.....or when it was safer I should say. I usually get a pack of the small 3.5 - 4 oz lean top round mini steaks. I trim them right down and have a steak sandwich for lunch one day or have one with an egg for breakfast. I notice I crave beef / iron during TOM, as well.
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options

I can do ground, no problem, BUT I am with you on the rare steaks or even raw, if it were safe.....or when it was safer I should say. I usually get a pack of the small 3.5 - 4 oz lean top round mini steaks. I trim them right down and have a steak sandwich for lunch one day or have one with an egg for breakfast. I notice I crave beef / iron during TOM, as well.

Interesting on the raw beef...I can do medium rare...that's it! LOL. I am going to have to find those mini steaks to curb my cravings because I definitely miss my steak!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    LOL you are crazy lady.:tongue:

I prefer Turkey over Beef because I read it takes ground beef up to 30 days to digest in your stomach and gound turkey didn't. Plus I've just gotten used to the change and dont buy any read meats. But I will eat it if someone else prepares it.

I heard that too about beef being digested. I will still stick to turkey over beef for most things that you cannot tell the difference for, but for a burger, beef all the way!

So you'll eat beef if someone else cooks it, huh? Are you looking for a dinner invitation??? hehehe I'll tell you, dinner is free but it's still gonna cost you a couple hundred bucks! LOL :laugh:
  • bambi5014
    Options
    Wow. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    It was since childhood. I used to eat raw hamburger meet! Everynow and then if I smell raw beef my mouth waters and I want to eat it! Maybe I'm a sick-o :laugh: People have always said maybe it's because I need more iron. Since now I take a multi vitamin I don't crave it as much.

I'm also a little weird when it comes to food fobia's and shots. I think people can eat raw meat and I have never had a flu shot. I don't get sick... ever. Really I hate shots. I never get food sickness. I think the body builds up a tolerance over time. I do not recomend eatting raw meat or not getting shots as an adult if you are used to living a certan way. For example, my husband gets a flu shot every year in the military. When he had a break in service and did not get one, he got really really sick! So he gets shots again and doesn't get sick and I don't get shots and still don't get sick :laugh:

Anyway, my little irrelevant rant :tongue: Yey BEEF :wink:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

I usually buy the two pack of ground turkey at Sam's Club because it's so cheap - but sometimes a girl just gotta have some beef! :flowerforyou:

.......why do I now have the Hillshire Farms "go meat" song in my head.... :laugh:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

.......why do I now have the Hillshire Farms "go meat" song in my head.... :laugh:

Oh no, I wish I didn't read this!:noway:
    :laugh:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I go to walmart and get the extra lean ground beef and get the small pack..(it is 4 servings)..then put it on one of the thin buns that you can pick up around the deli area( they come 8 in pack).. and they are wonderful and very filling..Good Luck..

Those thin buns are phenomenal!!! I love, love, love them for breakfast sandwiches! Add an egg, a piece of cheese, and a slice of turkey or ham, and YUMMO!!! As a matter of fact, that's what I'm having tomorrow for breakfast! Havent had one in a long time!!!!

Tell me more about these thin rolls!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Oh no, I wish I didn't read this!:noway:
    :laugh:

Oops :laugh:
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i really like the jennie-o 99% extra lean ground turkey, its really good in chili. its expensive $5.99 per pack but worth the great source of lean protein.
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    beef contains naturally occurring creatine which has been shown to aid fat loss
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yup yup, lean beef is really quite alright. The only reason I even bother with ground turkey is cos it's frequently less expensive. I mean, $5 for three pounds of ground turkey, or $3 for one pound of 97/3 beef? Yeah.

$5 for 3lbs???? where?? the best I can get is BOGO @ about $4.59 and that's IF they are on sale. I usually have to stock up!

I get Honeysuckle White frozen chubs... the Kroger I go to has them 3 for $5 about once a month. :3
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I go to walmart and get the extra lean ground beef and get the small pack..(it is 4 servings)..then put it on one of the thin buns that you can pick up around the deli area( they come 8 in pack).. and they are wonderful and very filling..Good Luck..

Those thin buns are phenomenal!!! I love, love, love them for breakfast sandwiches! Add an egg, a piece of cheese, and a slice of turkey or ham, and YUMMO!!! As a matter of fact, that's what I'm having tomorrow for breakfast! Havent had one in a long time!!!!

I'm not sure of the brand but they sell them at Walmart near the freezer section (not the Super Walmart). They are better than slices of bread because they maintain theire shape for things like burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. But they are whole wheat, and much, much thinner than a regular hamburger bun. They are also great for breakfast sandwiches. If you've ever had the reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich from Starbucks, and my memory serves me correctly, they are like that!

I will check the info when I get home and post to this thread!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    beef contains naturally occurring creatine which has been shown to aid fat loss

I also read this...that women who continued to include beef in their diet lost more weight than those that omit it...As a matter of fact, I posted a thread regarding 10 tips for weight loss; it said this in there!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options

I still have not made veggies my friends, working on it

Learn how to caramelize veggies by sauteing them on higher heat, it brings out their natural sugars and makes them sweet and delicious! You will have a whole new perspective!!!! The onions are great on that burger....and any veg with a high sugar content is good - love cabbage done this way!!!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_12751_caramelize-onions.html
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

I'm not sure of the brand but they sell them at Walmart near the freezer section (not the Super Walmart). They are better than slices of bread because they maintain theire shape for things like burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. But they are whole wheat, and much, much thinner than a regular hamburger bun. They are also great for breakfast sandwiches. If you've ever had the reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich from Starbucks, and my memory serves me correctly, they are like that!

I will check the info when I get home and post to this thread!
    The thin rolls are Orowheat Sandwich Thins. I love them. I use them for hamburgers, sandwiches, grilled chicken sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches and I've even made french toast with them as well as grilled cheeses.

I buy the Honeysuckle White 93/7 chubs in the meat department for $1.97/lb (in Texas). I dont "not" eat beef, but I try to limit my red meat due to cholesterol issues. And beef makes my tummy hurt.

And, I, too, have the "GO MEAT!" song in my head. I love those commercials!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    BEEF!!!! It's whats for dinner!!!

This coming up hunting season, it's going to be bear, venison, rabbit, or whatever else the man brings home!

Mmmm, venison chili!!!

:love: