Property Virgin..

Options

Replies

• Brianna72994
    Options
    I love watching hgtv. The cost of property in various locations around the world. Congrats on making the offer. Hope you get it.

Love hgtv <3
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I’ll let you have mine for 250K…the bathtub leaks sometimes, but the caulk job I just did is holding. Oh and the chipmunks are currently living outside the walls .

Do we have a deal?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hope it goes well for you. I also just put an offer on a house, but mine is only 1/8 mil. Ye gods it sounds so much when I say it like that. O_o
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    That would get you a townhouse here.

i grew up where you're living right now... and the house market here is pretty much exactly what it is there...

have you looked at how much housing has gone up in Langley?
    You can get a really crappy house here for 500K or a really tiny one.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    hhmmm, who says the economy is dead and the real estate industry is in the tank....not anymore I guess, lol
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Home prices are all regional so there is no reason to jump on the OP because the OP mentioned it was a $500k home. $500k in my town doesn't buy you a house, while $500k elsewhere might get you a nice, waterfront home with dock rights...
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Home prices are all regional so there is no reason to jump on the OP because the OP mentioned it was a $500k home. $500k in my town doesn't buy you a house, while $500k elsewhere might get you a nice, waterfront home with dock rights...

That's exactly why people are jumping on her. There is no need to price drop to a bunch of strangers. Unless maybe you were making an offer on a 30 mil house...that'd be pretty damn cool.

500k in SF gets you a bathroom with possible a half bedroom attached. Probably not though.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm in the DC/MD/VA area so $500k could buy you anything from a condo to a small house or town house depending on where you live around here. I think the number is a little distracting on MFP and you're getting a lot of grief over it.

Congratulations on your new home. I like talking Real Estate and home ownership so friend me if you want to chat. I hope the settlement goes well.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

That's exactly why people are jumping on her. There is no need to price drop to a bunch of strangers. Unless maybe you were making an offer on a 30 mil house...that'd be pretty damn cool.

500k in SF gets you a bathroom with possible a half bedroom attached. Probably not though.

Ohhhhhh, good point. Ok, carry on. :smile:
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Kimmy-Gibbler-on-Full-House.jpg
  • TexasTroy
    Options

IM happy for the OP but this is also not the place for it....people get bent outta shape in here if you just question how many carbs they are eating...what did the OP think was gonna happen if she price dropped, lol.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    so is it too late for me to pull out with the "I live in a van down by the river" line?
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

i grew up where you're living right now... and the house market here is pretty much exactly what it is there...

houses aren't too bad still for 500k... for instance this one isn't too bad there

f1205400_1.jpg?PhotoId=634822223130000000
  • farfoorah
    Options
    If you're not paying it all in cash, I'm not impressed.
  • AimersBee
    Options

IM happy for the OP but this is also not the place for it....people get bent outta shape in here if you just question how many carbs they are eating...what did the OP think was gonna happen if she price dropped, lol.

meh i don't let the little things get to me.. i usually ignore most ignorant ppl.. haha i'm just bored at work..
  • TexasTroy
    Options

meh i don't let the little things get to me.. i usually ignore most ignorant ppl.. haha i'm just bored at work..

Well, either way. I bet your excited. Good luck.
  • AimersBee
    Options

Well, either way. I bet your excited. Good luck.

yeah we'll see if they accept my offer... they may not...
    thanks for the luck though! :)
  • TexasTroy
    Options

houses aren't too bad still for 500k... for instance this one isn't too bad there

THATS A 500k HOUSE WHERE YOU LIVE?? wow! You need to move....your getting ripped off, lol
  • AimersBee
    Options

THATS A 500k HOUSE WHERE YOU LIVE?? wow! You need to move....your getting ripped off, lol

that's a 500k house where i used to live.. back at the beginning of the post i posted a 2million dollar house that looks just a little bit better than this one, which is where i live NOW.. hahah
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Come on guys. She price dropped because no matter what kind of house it is 500K is a freaking lot.

And I price dropped because no matter what kind of house it gets you, that's a freaking lot!

And that's all.