Has anyone tried the alli pills?

Options

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Tried it for 6 months - no major weight loss just a lot of worry about the side effects mentioned in the previous posts. Supposed quick and easy fixes don't work . A little effort and staying on your eating plan will be a lot healthier and promote better eating habits with out the expense.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not willingly signing up to poop my pants EVER. :noway:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    tried Alli a few years back. HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE. tried MFP at the beginning of this year. lost 50+ pounds, chatted with lots of fantastic people, accomplished my goal in less than half the time i thought it would take.

you can get with this, or you can get with that. the choice is yours.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    yeah you will be ****ting and farting oil, not pleasant!
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    In for the poop jokes!
    Ditto!! I thought of trying it before, but my bf (now fiance) swears off anything of the kind. Glad I didn't now!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to do some research about fats. they are not bad for you! And, it is strange there is a pill to clean them out of you.

Bottom line is that fats don't make you fat.... really! Too many carbs and calories are the culprit.

Try to get away from processed foods and grains especially.

Eat clean and natural.

Best of Luck, you can find your way !! :smile:
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    They didn't work for me... regardless of even considering whether or not the side effects are worth it... they just didn't work.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    omg! I haven't laughed so hard lately! This site is funny today, from the guy who wants to change gyms to the pooping the pants comments. Now thats what I call moral support!! thank you.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Not willingly signing up to poop my pants EVER. :noway:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I know the answer to weight loss.

So come a little closer...

No, CLOSER..

ready?

You sure you can handle this?
    Well...
    It is dedication to pushing yourself to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
    Want another secret? Boy, am I full of em'!
    It is listening to your body's need. It WILL tell you when to stop eating and when it is hungry.
    Reasonable eating and maintaining within your calories/macros
    There, go forth my child.
  • skinnychef84
    skinnychef84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried them a couple years ago on my MD recommendation to jump start my weight loss and so i could hopefully see some results quicker than on my own.... I followed the directions and menu EXACTLY.... I started a low fat diet 4-7 days before and didn't have a lot of fatty foods at all. I lost 50 lbs in six months and only once had a side effect but it wasn't unmanagable. I hate pills so i stopped taking them and lost another 25 on my own by eating the same type of foods and exercise as i did on the pills. Good luck in whatever you choose.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Just got to follow these simple instructions: Take them while doing the gangnam style dance while riding an invisible pink unicorn.
  • Dhawkins19
    Options
    I've been on the Alli pill for 6 days now and i haven't had any accidents but i was hard headed and i did get the side effects but that's because i didn't :happy: listen as i said before lol so I'm staying to my diet and I'm doing just find and i have lost a pound
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    alli user: these alli pills are great, why not try them?

non-user: errr no I don't want to crap my pants

alli user: but if you follow the diet right and stay away from fatty foods, you won't crap your pants

non-user: okay, so why don't you just follow the diet right stay away from fatty foods and leave out taking pills that might make you crap yourself? If you can stick to the diet while taking them, you can stick to it while not taking them, surely? And as fat is an essential nutrient that contains fat soluble vitamins, surely a balanced diet where you eat more fat but fewer carbs (to stay within your calories) would be healthier? If you can stick to a diet on the pills you can stick to a calorie controlled balanced diet?

alli user: well the fear of crapping my pants is really a really good motivator for not cheating on the diet

non-user: hmm... well maybe I can help with that? Every time you go over your calories by more than 100 I can kick you in the shins really hard.....?
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Anal leakage is not a fun way to lose weight, so I would say NO :noway:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    alli user: these alli pills are great, why not try them?

non-user: errr no I don't want to crap my pants

alli user: but if you follow the diet right and stay away from fatty foods, you won't crap your pants

non-user: okay, so why don't you just follow the diet right stay away from fatty foods and leave out taking pills that might make you crap yourself? If you can stick to the diet while taking them, you can stick to it while not taking them, surely? And as fat is an essential nutrient that contains fat soluble vitamins, surely a balanced diet where you eat more fat but fewer carbs (to stay within your calories) would be healthier? If you can stick to a diet on the pills you can stick to a calorie controlled balanced diet?

alli user: well the fear of crapping my pants is really a really good motivator for not cheating on the diet

non-user: hmm... well maybe I can help with that? Every time you go over your calories by more than 100 I can kick you in the shins really hard.....?

Q4T
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Alli pills? They're an endless source of jokes and lulz. Didn't realize anyone actually took them in earnest.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Anyways I was just feeling very discouraged at myself for falling off the diet train YET AGAIN. Grrrr and the Halloween candy didn't help!

Make the train less difficult to fall from.

Eat what you want in moderation, track your calories, maintain a proper caloric deficit. Problem solved.

Plus, you don't have to start looking at expensive pills that make you crap yourself.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ummm no. did you read about the side effects? nothing would be worth that lol :)

True story.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Alli pills are like bumping and old thread.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1003922&stc=1&d=1351277825