Sounds/noises you cannot tolerate?

Options

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The sound of hocking up snot used to make me puke. It still kind of makes me gag. Nails on a chalkboard makes my skin crawl, as does the scraping of teeth on teeth.
  • headoverhills
    Options
    Being stuck anywhere next to a screaming child on a plane.

On my last trip, six of those were screaming in surround sound during half of the plane ride - that's four hours :((( I was ready to jump out of the plane halfway through....
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    When someone scrapes a fork across there plate!!!
  • ooshlet
    ooshlet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ex colleague used to eat cereal at his desk opposite me, with his mouth open. took all my strength not to beat him to death with his bowl.

and my old flatmate used to eat apples really quickly without swallowing between bites, OH GOD that was annoying.

i hate the sound of liquid pouring into a glass on TV ads. especially if it's fizzy. no idea why.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    People talking on there mobile phone on public transport. I will be up for murder one day because of it
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It sounds a bit general, but mostly mouth related noises in general. Eating, loud chewing, lip smacking, that noise people make when they lick their fingers clean, gulping drinks (I know someone who gulps down a whole glass in one and does this huge disgusting sigh at the end EVERY SINGLE TIME). Had an woman blowing on KFC chips to cool them down for her baby to eat sitting next to me today, and I'm officially adding that on to the list. The fact babies and hot chips shouldn't be together is a whole nother peeve.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    1. Cracking knuckles. It makes me curl up into a ball.
    2. My brother eating. He's huge and deaf. He chews with his mouth open and shovels food into his mouth double fisted (fork in one hand, turkey leg or other food in his other. He can't hear the awful disgusting noises that come from him and it destroys my appetite for meals when we're together.
    3. By 8pm, "mama" is the worst cuss word on the planet.
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    slurping and lip smacking
    sniffling
    clearing the throat over and over
    snoring
    being asked mom mom mom over and over again, lol
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    - people talking obnoxiously loud in valley girl voices

im not from the states, so to be honest it doesn't happen often, but I fricken hate frat boys and sorority girls.

when too many of the same sex get together that are not gay, it all goes very, very wrong.

that and the sound the people make before they talk, its like smack of the lips, sucking release of the vacuum sound.

never noticed until my sister was really tired after a bad week with her kids, she did it like 100 times. since then i see it on tv, or people in shops, and i do it. SHIVVERS.

:P
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Agh, people wiping their hands with paper napkins, or tissues. Oddly enough, it's okay when I do it, but when anyone else does... goosebumps.

And polystyrene. Doesn't even have to squeak, just someone touching it drives me batty.

I may be a tad neurotic.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    my dog licking himself down there....ugh..lol
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Screaming kids or babies for sure - I have two nephews and I understand that sometimes things can't be helped, but at the same time, if you are on a bus or tube (crowded, enclosed space) I really feel there is no excuse other than poor parenting.

Someone else said it - the sound of eating utensils against certain types of plates or bowls, it's like the ceramic ones or something. It makes me cringe so much, I do not eat from those types of dishes and I hate hearing anyone else do it.

And my biggest one is - MOUTH BREATHERS!!!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH, I hate this beyond anything. I am a massage therapist, and I get clients like this from time-to-time and it just makes me want to gag! Close your freakin' mouth and breath like a normal person through your nose!!!!!
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    I cannot stand the sound of an alram clock.....it makes me want to beat my Fiance because he hits snooze literally 10 times! I Absolutely HATE listening to people eat, the slurpping, sighing, smacking, and the nom-nom-noming makes me gag. I also hate when kids scream and scream and scream while parents do nothing. And anything that is loud I startle easily lol

LOL mine too! I hit that snooze button in my sleep...my fiance has thrown me out of bed before b/c of the alarm clock.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    The Emergency Broadcast System alarm.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Great posts! I thought I was the only one driven crazy by these sounds. Yes, and chewing with the mouth open should be grounds for expulsion from any restaurant. Add people blowing their nose at the dinner table (restaurants). People hocking up spit and blowing their noses in front of people who are trying to eat their meal! I've had to leave eating establishments before b/c of this.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Humans Yelling in anger....
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    When people bite on a fork and pull it out of there mouth, I mean wtf why do you bite the fork in the first place!!!
  • LoganStrength
    Options
    When the ice machine in your fridge decides to drop a load ice at 1 am when your just relaxing on the couch. It sounds exactly like someone breaking into your place. After you go into attack mode you realize your enemy is just frozen cubes.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    What are sounds/noises ect that you absolutely cannot stand??

Mine are:

Hacking coughs
    Screaming kids (ok rents...do you have ANY idea how much that makes one's ears itch?)...guess they don't care much.

This time of year, get it all the time. Smokers hack is the WORST. The um, lady down the hall coughs so much that she starts gagging, and retches on the way to the bathroom to throw up....disgusting! So sick of listening to her...can't even hear the people I'm on the phone with when she gets at it.

I have a significant list, but the first one that came to mind was coughing.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Silverware on any surface that's metal or steel.
    The clicking sound of nail clippers. (I HATE it.)
    The sound of someone blowing their noise.
    That pig grunt people do to scratch their throat.
    Someone chewing gum or any other food, like a cow chewing cud.
    The screech of a child that didn't get it's way.
    One word, SMACKING.
    The cats licking and preening themselves with a mouth full of saliva. (The squish sound...ugh)
    The sound of someone lying while you know they're lying, it's quite annoying.