Do you eat your exercise calories?!?!?!?

Options
12346»

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Yes, I surely do.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I base my calorie goals on TDEE which already includes exercise.

It depends on whether you are following MFP or your own TDEE calculation. MFP requires you to eat exercise calories in addition to your calorie goal, I'd recommend you eat some of it back if that's the case.

I will eat them back IF I go over the amount of exercise that I have already included in my TDEE calculation - it's not often but that's because my plan already has them built in. When I was using the 'standard mfp plan' I ate back around half because I don't have a HRM.

When you go for long periods not eating enough, your body eventually 'adjusts' and compensates for the lack of energy it is being fed by instigating a metabolic slow down. The slower your metabolism is the longer it takes to lose weight. The more time you hit plateaus the more you try to exercise then eat even less. If you are not feeling hungry and netting less than your BMR it is because your body has slowed your metabolism to compensate and not because you are actually eating enough.