Advice in High Calorie low carb diet-

2»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Just eat less rice and roti and replace it with some veggies, you don't have to cut it out completely though.

Yes don't give up things you love just cut back a little.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    To be fair, if you ate back your exercise cals, you could afford to have that bit of rice.

Eat more veg and more protein. Although there are no long-term benefits to eating low carb, and I do not think carbs are your problem here.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    I think its a combination of having a lot to loose, and water weight. Any diet, especially a HFLC diet, tend to make people loose really rapidly for the first few weeks and then slow down. I had over 100lbs to loose, and now have about 75lbs to loose. The same principles probably wouldn't apply to someone with say less than 25lbs to loose. I EXPECT my weight loss to slow down... but right now I am enjoying seeing the scale make big leaps everyday.
  • Hello Snvita58--I am also from India -- I have a diabetes and just found out --about Low Carb High Fat diet -- to reduce complications and may be avoid taking medicine for rest of life--I am 69n years old.

Low Carb High Fat ( LCHF OR HFLC) Diet is more for Diabetic Patients -- allow no more than 24 gm carbs per meal or
    50 grams carb per day --

Check out--http://www.diabetesdaily.com forum -- many people eat 95 % fat , and only 3 to 5 % Carb --

Your goal is to Loose weight ?? Then why increase calories -- ?? if you are not burning -- you can eat normal carbs 25 % of
    calories -- and 50 % fat --( mostly unsaturated + monosaturated)

I do NOT eat Rice for over 20 years and NO Roti and Potatoes - since I had high Triglycerides 20 years ago
    NO medicine and triglycerides --normal for long time