What birth control are you on? Does it work with you?

Options

Replies

• Sherman0660
    Options
    I got snipped and wish I would have done it long ago, right after our two daughters were born. This has increased our sex life a lot; however, since I have not worked (health reasons) and gained LOTS of weight birth control is not needed. My belly gets in the way and hers does too. We both have gained weight. I do believe that for those of us who are a bit oversized...sex should be listed in the cardio exercise section.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have Paragurad, a non-hormonal, copper, IUD. I LOVE IT!
    No b!tchy mood swings
    Still a nympho
    Haven't gained weight from it
    up to 10 years of worry free BC

And contrary to what they said, my periods are no heavier than before and they last the same length as before (4days).
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Hubby got snipped. No weight gain so far!

Bahaha awesome. I'm on Cryselle personally. Don't really think I've had weight gain, acne, or other physical side effects. Sometimes I get really moody. But I've been on the same type for so long, I can't even tell if it's the BC that's the cause, or if it's just me. :grumble: Been thinking about talking to my doctor about changing it up. We shall see.
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Yet we don't want to be pregnant...don't really have a choice.

condoms....

Not 100% effective!

neither is the pill.....

Which is why I use both ;)
    Been over 2 years and no baby yet, fingers crossed hehe.

My mum drilled it into me how mistakes can be made which makes me feel I was one. Oh well! :P
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hubby got snipped. No weight gain so far!

Bahaha awesome. I'm on Cryselle personally. Don't really think I've had weight gain, acne, or other physical side effects. Sometimes I get really moody. But I've been on the same type for so long, I can't even tell if it's the BC that's the cause, or if it's just me. :grumble: Been thinking about talking to my doctor about changing it up. We shall see.

Omg I want your stomach.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the mini pill (Jolivette) and love it! Can't remember all the brands I've tried but I do remember that Ortho Tri Cycline (sp?) made me a raving mental case for the three months I tried it. Yasmin was pretty good too but I started spotting during ovulation so that's when my doc put me on the mini pill. I started the Jolivette around the same time as I started losing weight and the transition was pretty smooth. My cycle shortened a little at first due to the weight loss but it's pretty much back to the normal 28 days now.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    No b!tchy mood swings
    Still a nympho

And contrary to what they said, my periods are no heavier than before and they last the same length as before (4days).

I've been interested in this copper IUD for awhile! No hormones seems realllyyyyyy nice. Was it easy to have it inserted?
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    I am considering other types of contraception since my periods only starting becoming awful after I started the pill.
    I am finding this thread very useful!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I was on Yasmin then Yaz, I prefered Yaz, I felt less mood swings, it is also a slight bit lower dose than the yasmin.
    Although I have to add, I finally found a Dr that would ok a tubal and have been off the BC for a while. Best thing ever!!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Abstinence......but not by choice :frown:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    No b!tchy mood swings
    Still a nympho

I've been interested in this copper IUD for awhile! No hormones seems realllyyyyyy nice. Was it easy to have it inserted?

Fast and easy... It didn't hurt at all, kind of a little pressure and then this weird feeling... Of course I took 4 extra strength tylenol before I went in as well. :laugh:

I've had mine for about four months, I believe. I absolutely love it!!
  • shrinkingsusie
    shrinkingsusie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love my Mirena. $25 co pay for placement and 5 years of easy control. No pills, no rings, no mood swings, no wt gain, no babies.

I second that!^^ Also, periods are really light.

Plus, I was able to get pregnant right away after taking it out.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I play Russian Roulette because I love to walk on the wild side.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm on the depo shot, no weight gain problems, I just cry ALL THE TIME NOW. Seriously. I will cry about anything.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    The kind where the hubby had 1/2 hour dr appt and a romantic weekend with a bag of peas....
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Been on all pills or shots before getting pregnant, hated them all.
    After having my daughter, I was on the Mirena for 2 years...hated it bc of how moody I was, loved the no periods.
    I switched to the Copper IUD and love it. No hormones! lasts 10 years!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Paragard IUD.
    Love it! No hormones to make me crazier than I already am. It hurt like a b!tch during insertion, but was well worth it.
    Insurance covered 100%, so I only had to pay my $25 co-pay.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Paragard IUD. No hormones. No weight gain. Insurance covered 100% (minus $30 office copay). Lasts 10 years. I totally LOVE that thing.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yet we don't want to be pregnant...don't really have a choice.

condoms....

i used to use condoms for a long time but i have had some break or the fact i became pregnant (but lost it) off of them. if i am with only one partner then i rely on birth control that is non condom, i prefere not using latex. kinda breaks the moment too and the feel is just not the same:)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    The mirror

Works a charm