THE GROUND IS LAVA ~!

Options
12346»

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of it as a game, but I'll admit to having times that I wouldn't allow myself to stop or slow down because of the others around me.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I've never told anyone this, but I'm on kind of a stone age kick lately. When I'm walking, I pretend that I'm going to gather grains or something so I can feed my tribe through the winter, or if I want to walk briskly (I never run--blech) I pretend that the cave elder is sick and desperately needs the roots I just gathered to survive.

I'm so embarassed to have put that on the interwebs. :/

I like it! Have you ever read the Clan of the Cave Bear series?

I'm usually focused on time or distance so I'll talk myself into going another minute or getting to a certain spot. Most of the time I'm able to keep pushing past but on bad run days at least I can console myself with the fact that I met the goal. Love the lava idea and may use it myself sometime - or at least get a chuckle out of it when it comes to me. :)

I immediately thought of "Clan of the Cave Bear" when I read that!! For some reason, my mom let me read that series when I was like 11. Along with a lot of VC Andrews :noway: I have no idea what she was thinking......

Okay....just went to Amazon and bought the Kindle version. I know what I'm doing tonight!!

I've never heard of this book/series by V.C. Andrews - my all time favorite writer... My favorite book was My Sweet Audrina (the only stand alone novel that didnt have a series to follow) of course I loved the Heaven series and Flowers in the Attic.

Clan of the Cave bear is the first book in a series by Jean Auel. It was pretty popular in the late 80's and early 90's. There's a movie starring Darryl Hannah too.
    I read just about every VC Andrews book when I was a kid....along with a lot of Stephen King. I loved to read and probably needed a little more supervision in my choices :laugh: Nothing wrong with those books, but they are probably not appropriate for a 10-11 year old! Haha!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Zombies chasing me.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think about the countries I haven't visited yet and tell myself I'll never get there if I don't have the self-discipline to finish out X miles or the next X amount of yards + the next + the next until I get to the end of my 5K, 8K, etc.

I also sometimes hear my mom's voice in my head. Some of the things she used to tell me to make me stronger and not afraid to face things, and to push myself to the next level.

And now I think about my husband's smiling face.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Here are my rules for pushing myself to run harder/faster/longer:

1. If the walk sign is lit on the intersections you must run through it.
    2. During a race you can't walk through a finish or a mile marker.
    3. If there's a song that comes on that I really like, I'm not allowed to stop, walk, or slow down until that song is over. If the next song is a good one too... then tough, keep running.
    4. I live around an area that has a lot of night life. I also prefer to run later in the evening. If I'm passing a bar with people hanging out on the patio, I have to run faster past them.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I continually tell myself i'm a badasss, i look for my shadow and try to get it to go faster, my legs higher etc. I also find myself counting...the numbers get very high!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The app "Zombies, Run!" shows me having short bursts of speed of up to 15mph (4:00 minute mile) when my brain thinks it's in danger of becoming food.

IMAG0970.jpg

That is extremely impressive, Lorina!! As always... I'm definitely downloading this app now. :)