Anyone shopping on Black Friday?

Options
1235»

Replies

• crysmac85
    Options
    I went last year and watched two people get arrested for fighting in line at Toys R Us. Never again. Online deals are just as good and you avoid the aggravation of crazy people and freezing your *kitten* off in line.
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you guys...it sounds kinda scary but I guess it could be fun if we plan it all well. I don't intend to go for the "doorbusters" because I really dont' want to wait in line for hours (my husband and I are celebrating our first anniversary so the trip is not primarily for shopping) so I will probably check out the stores a bit later when hopefully things have calmed significantly.

I also plan to get some things online.

Does anyone know if there are unusual delays in getting items ordered online during this period though? We'll only be there for about 5 days so I wanna gauge how much in advance I should begin ordering items.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I never had gone before because of the craziness I would see on television but last year I talked my husband into it and we had a blast!! It was funny to watch people hovering over the stuff they wanted and I watched people bust pallets of shrink wrapped stuff and have it gone in a matter of seconds. Walmart doesn't have everything for salwar the same time so we came up with a strategic plan for stuff we wanted that did. He would go to one area of the store and I would go to a different area. We got great deals, had fun and got a good laugh over a couple sneaky things we got away with....things we got our hands on before you were allowed to get them. We didn't need to go but we did and I am ready to do it again this year!!!
  • crazybonnie
    Options
    I do not shop black friday. But I do take advantage of Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.

I never actually shopped Black Friday before, but with this online craze, I might take a look at some deals and profit.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I went last year to home depot to get a shop vac for my husband ( now my ex) I was around the the mob trying to get one and all of a sudden my feet are leaving the ground. Some guy decided to just pick me up and lift me out of the way..... Really dude...I was beyond mad. I guess I still am.... lol

Stay home and shop online.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I've gone a couple of times in the past, but it is not worth the trouble. Shop in advance.