Ladies, how do you deal with a break up?

Options

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    flick_ya_bean.gif
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how we deal with this. I'm definitely going along the path of 'never sleeps, loses appetite' way of coping.

^^ this is me all over. The stress blocks appetite and in some cases trying to force myself to eat renders me praying to the porceline God because my body rejects it. Loss of sleep and waking to a puffy swollen face day after day.

My advice, is focus on you. Turn the pain into gain (actually loss) by letting it guide your determination. Easier said than done, I am far well aware but we can't let dumb boys ruin our progress
  • Irish_Chica
    Options
    Go get a new haircut, outfit, facial, pedicure, etc. then get yourself back out there and remind yourself how amazing you are. If he doesn't see it, somebody else will. There are plenty of fish in the sea!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

I fully agree with this. And wine.

Well damn, I thought I'd have something useful to input but here it is. Get drunk and have awesome sex.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Well... First I break up with the jerk and then I get on with my life ^_^. I've never been broken up with, I've always done the leaving. Sometimes I've mourned the relationship prior to break up. But that was mostly just some bouts of crying because I didn't want to be alone again.

I'm over the not wanting to be alone thing now, I kind of prefer it actually. Sure I miss some things about dating but hey, my life isn't complicated so it is a trade off.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Lose weight & look hotter than I did before!
  • HeidiJoLHB
    HeidiJoLHB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Foxus on yourelf and do things you couldnt when you were in a relationship! :) Realize what you love about yourself and what someone else should also love about you :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    after crying and crying I normally hate all the men in earth´s surface, making the rest of the people believe im lesbian :laugh:
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've only been broken up with once, but my last break up was rough. I chose to end it, but I cried for months, still cry about him now lol. At first it was the usual things, cry, watch sad films, etc but eventually you realise things don't always pan out the way we want them to, and sometimes there's a good reason as to why it wouldn't work. I think if it was a serious relationship then sometimes you just need to let yourself mope around, it's almost like grieving. I'm focusing on myself and my needs now.
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It's been said before. Drinks and dick. Enjoy both responsibly.
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    I've only been broken up with twice, but I find that getting dressed up...complete makeover, hanging out with friends, and having a great time no only helps you to move on, but it helps you meet new people. AND, meeting new people (men) always takes your mind off things :bigsmile: :wink:
  • wanda9501
    Options
    Ask yourself. Is he crying over me? If the answer is no, have one finally pity party booze and all. Than the next day wake up, shower, put on your best this makes me feel pretty outfit and spend the entire day doing whatever. Go to the movies, mall, dinner, bowling, skating, mani/pedi, window shopping. Spend the entire day alone enjoying your company and rediscovering just how great you are. That night if you still have energy, go clubbing or stop by redbox, pick up a movie, order some food, put on your most comfy PJ's and enjoy your evening.

Bottom line, don't let him continue to control you anymore. Breaking up hurts like hell, each day will make it better just don't keep thinking about him over and over because that will not help.

My mother always told me, when you feel your worst always look your best!

Good luck and remember, you have friends here!!!!!!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bottle of tequila and a best friend. I've never been upset/sad about a break up, though. I feel like I'm missing out but I'm more than happy to not go through that.
  • wanda9501
    Options
    flick_ya_bean.gif

LOL!!!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Its a tough one. I recently broke up with someone I was seeing for 2 months, he was really upset about it, I on the other hand felt fine about it, for me there just wasn't that spark there but different relationships end differently. Like my first love, I had that horrible hurting feeling for a whole year, now its been 2 years it doesn't huurt like it used to but I will still always have feelings for him cause he was my first love and no else since has come close to what he meant to me xx
  • wanda9501
    Options
    Lose weight & look hotter than I did before!

And, then send him a framed 8X10 photo!
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew where this quote came from:

"Crying will get you sympathy, but going to the gym will make you forget you ever needed any."

Take that to heart, throw on a sexy dress & hit the town! (after a good shower, of course!)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

^^pretty much. Maybe not the best, but def. quick.
    Have a ladies night out and don't be the DD
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Well, my last break up I threw him in jail, pack his clothes and dumped them at his parents house, that was after 15 years of marriage. I burned so much of his stuff I cracked the chiminea he bought me last year. I couldn't thank him more for the gift.
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sleep with his best friend.

I'LL DRINK TO THAT....:drinker: :cry: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: