Odd Foods You Loved As A Kid

Options

Replies

• Mickeyriv
    Mickeyriv Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would eat hearts of palm like, right out of the can. Bizarre. I still like them though.
    I still do this. My coworkers think it's gross!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Sardine sadwiches with mustard. Lunchbox staple! :drinker:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    raw beef and butter. I used to get in trouble all the time for getting into the fridge and getting that. My mom was convinced that I would die if I ate raw meat, but I kept doing it anyway. I'm not sure why I craved it so much

you're a zombie. i hate to break the news to you this way.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    raw potatoes jus peeled...
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm sure all of us had the one food that most kids hated but you loved.

For me it was lima beans and peas. My parents never had to fight with me to eat them lol

I also loved lima beans and I still do! Also broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cooked red cabbage. I still love all of them!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    melted peanut butter on pizza... wowww... sounds gross til you try it :) It was a big thing at my grade school, since they always served the plastic pizza square with bread and PB on the side. I still like it but it doubles the calories in the pizza... :(
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I loved mushrooms. which is weird cause I hate them now lol
  • blascott
    Options
    Butter & A1 sauce sandwich.
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I loved what I called chocolate milk....Milk and Pepsi mixed together. Tried it again a couple years ago. Not good! LOL.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    I loved fried bologna sanwhiches :glasses:
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oysters, clams, any shellfish. Weird for a 5 year old.

My daughter has been eating this stuff and sushi since she was like 2 lol she loves it.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else remember when the pizza Lunchables used to come with marinara sauce, cheese sauce, chocolate sauce, M&Ms, and pepperoni? Yeah, I would use one crust to make a "normal" pizza, one with cheese only, and one with cheese mixed with the chocolate with pepperoni on top. I'd eat the M&Ms separately. I'm vegetarian now, but aside from that, I would totally eat that again... MMMM!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I was the weird kid who liked butter WAY to much. I would wake up extra early so I could stick my finger in the tub of butter and eat it like icing without my mom chasing me around with a fly swatter. I also liked to eat jelly by itself as well. Waffle house workers would hide the butter and Jelly racks when I came in... True Story....
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I was the weird kid who liked butter WAY to much. I would wake up extra early so I could stick my finger in the tub of butter and eat it like icing without my mom chasing me around with a fly swatter. I also liked to eat jelly by itself as well. Waffle house workers would hide the butter and Jelly racks when I came in... True Story....

my sister used to do the same thing with butter. It got so bad that they were planning to put a lock on the refrigerator at one point.
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i can distictly remember drinking vinigar at one point in time.......out of a cup. think i was like 4....
  • karynspeace
    Options
    White wonder bread, hellmans mayonaise, and FRITOS. YUMMY!

NOTE: Miracle whip is NOT mayonaise
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVED one of my mom's childhood favorites--peanut butter and mayo sandwich.

I also loved my grandma's night-time specialty "milk and bread"--buttered bread cut into pieces and then put in a bowl with milk. Microwave the whole thing until warm. I still sometimes do this when I'm feeling sick. :)

Oh, and my best friend and I used to experiment with food and make our own recipes. My lucky little sister "got to" (ie. was forced to) try them all. Our best combo yet (and actually found in a cookbook which I still own) was "orange soda"...orange juice mixed with Coke! Ewwwww!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Cooked Spinach. It was a Popeye fascination when I was really little.

Now, I can have spinach dip, raw spinach, but once it's cooked and turns into that slimy mess...Blech! :sick:
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I LOVED oysters, broccoli, brussel spouts, cabbage...

Basically any vegetable normal kids would hate. Not many kindergartners love oysters.
    (Helps when your dad is a waterman.)

Also I liked to take chopped up fish sticks, mac n cheese and canned peas, mix it all together and douse it with ketchup. Yuck!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Cooked Spinach. It was a Popeye fascination when I was really little.

Now, I can have spinach dip, raw spinach, but once it's cooked and turns into that slimy mess...Blech! :sick:

I would ONLY eat the Popeye brand spinach as a kid. I told my dad all the other kinds sucked because they wouldn't give me muscles like the Popeye brand would.