C25K vs. Couch-to-5k (from Active.com)

Options
Which app is the better one? I am not sure which one to pick. They are both rated well in the app store. Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there have any feedback/opinions? I thinkI have seen a lot of peeps on MFP using the C25K program/app.
  • sabrakay1
    sabrakay1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've never tried either so I can't offer an opinion based on personal experience. But, I've heard positive things about the Couch-to-5K. I'm curious, too :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Totally different answer than the one you are looking for, but........ I downloaded the podcasts from runningintoshape.com for free and listened to Carli and her music. It was a great way for me to work through the program.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I use the free Zen Labs app and it works great.
  • rachel6286
    Options
    I started using the "Get running" C25K app on Monday - the app is easy to use, I can use mapmyrun in the background to track my speed/distance etc and play my music all at once! 2 runs down, so far so good....
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options

I use this one as well and have had no issues..
  • MamaPEEJ
    MamaPEEJ Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I use this one as well and have had no issues..

Third vote for Zen Labs.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    same ^
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Zen Labs one. That's the one that I've been using in my coaching. The only thing I don't like is that it's only eight weeks, whereas most of the programs I looked up were nine. It goes from the 28 minute runs into doing the 5K as your last workout. So I just 30 minute timed runs for the ninth week and have my first trainee doing her first 5K run this Saturday!
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

same here
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Active.com is the devil, don't buy things from them you can get for free!

Some of my friend were the original authors of the C25K (it was always free).

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

The crooks at active purchase coolrunning which at the time was a huge on-line forum & community. The lost their arses, as everyone left as soon as they took over.
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Active.com is the devil, don't buy things from them you can get for free!

Some of my friend were the original authors of the C25K (it was always free).

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

The crooks at active purchase coolrunning which at the time was a huge on-line forum & community. The lost their arses, as everyone left as soon as they took over.
    +1...I was on the coolrunning board way back then and remember that. Don't buy it from them.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of the Run 5k app I really like it. I also downloaded another C25K app that I wasn't so happy with.

Here is a review of the one I'm using
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/29/c25k-a-beautiful-couch-to_n_913310.html
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Totally different answer than the one you are looking for, but........ I downloaded the podcasts from runningintoshape.com for free and listened to Carli and her music. It was a great way for me to work through the program.

This.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't use any app. I just went by the treadmill version from c25k.com and had a cheat sheet of when to walk and when to run.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I use the C25K from Active. I've had a couple others but I like that one the best.

I like that I can use the music loaded into iTunes on my phone through this app.

Open your "workout" day and then select "Go To Workout". At the bottom ofthe screen is where you can access playlists on your phone. Just select "Start" once you have your play list set.

I actually have a "Running" playlist of songs that match my cadence.

Ohh.. and Active has added a new "Trainer" - Johnny Dead, a zombie trainer LOL. He's an additional purchase for $.99 tho.

Probably worth it, he sounds cool! "Arrrrggghh! Hi I'm your trainer, Johnny Dead. I'll be right behind you as you run for your life, from me, and train for a 5k. Lets start now, while you still have your brains... mmmmm brains! BRAINS!!!" LOL too funny!!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm using the program from C25K, and Carly's podcasts for the timing (runningintoshape.com).

I have a stupidphone, so no apps for me.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you actually use.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I paid the two bucks for the active.com one. I wasn't sure which one to get either, and I didn't want to get out on the trail and realize then that whatever knockoff I had wasn't working. (I've downloaded a lot of bad free apps on android) I'm happy with it. I know now I probably could have saved the two bucks, but whatever. I'm just happy I ran for 3 min straight today without dying. lol