Older women success stories please!

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    tlc4pit wrote: »
    @ChelleDee07 you look awesome!!! I'm 5'4 and need to lose about 80 pounds. Struggling to stay focused, that darn life thing gets in the way. ;) Just gotta keep trying.

Thank you ma'am! I recommend setting a goal and just stay positive and focused. You can do it!
  • A_Balanced_Life
    A_Balanced_Life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, I love this thread! It gives me such hope to lose this weight!!! <3<3<3
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ednamoe1 wrote: »
    These posts are motivating me to stick with it. I am 54 years old, 5'0" and i weighed 168 at the doctors office, two weeks ago. I had a big wake up call! I only weighed 140 when I was 9 months pregnant 28 years ago. My average weight in my 20's was 100-105. I know that is not achievable now, but 125 would make me feel great! I am doing WW freestyle. So far, this is day 4, and I have stuck with it. I have been walking and doing yoga, so that will help a bit. I work from home now, and gained 10 pounds in last two months due to inactivity. I know I have to get moving to have better results, and keep it off. My husband works alot of overtime, and I spend alot of time alone, and I get lonely. That is not an excuse, but it is reality. I need a community like this to give me incentive. My youngest is 15, so she is my motivation to set an example of a healthy lifetstyle. I want her to make better food and fitness choices as she gets older. If all of you can do it, I can do it! Thanks!

I was in the same situation as you, hubby gone a lot with work, alone a lot, bingeing constantly. I lost over 60 pounds this past year with MFP, and feel the best I have ever felt. I walk 60 + minutes at least four days a week, and do 1200 calories a day. Sometimes I go over, but it took me a long time to gain the weight; it's not going to come off overnight. This is the way to eat now. The term diet implies temporary- once you get to your goal weight, you have to continue to make healthy food choices. You can do it!
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 53/5'6/CW 176 and this last year I lost about 100 lbs. The best thing I ever had done was to have my resting metabolic rate tested. BMR calculations give me about 1500 kcal while my RMR came back as 1800 kcal. Who knew that I had a fast metabolic rate? I am large boned and I grew up doing chores on a farm. My mother cut me off from snacks at 10 because at 5' I weighed 118 lbs and put on diets around 1200 kcal for years. No wonder I ate everything in sight whenever possible. Now I am losing 1to 2 lbs a week on 1800-1900 kcals. And trust me on lift days I still get really hungry. My nutritionist has me actually drinking protein shakes when I work out.
  • sprock1
    sprock1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my 66th (🥴) Birthday last Monday! 😁
    I started to notice in my early 40’s that the weight was creeping up and it was HARDER to get off!! 🤬 hormones!!!
    I now need to exercise at least 6X a week, eat healthy and shot for 1000 calories per day. (I have discovered I can loose this way.)
    I have lost 40 pounds. Now I need to loose 9 more lbs to get back to my goal weight.
    It’s an every day struggle!
    I’ll never be the size I used to be in my 30s! But that’s OK! I found that at my goal weight I felt good, looked good in my clothes and felt good about myself! So 150lbs.. look out...here I come!! 😁💪
  • AmyBethTN
    AmyBethTN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    44 mom of 5 and Grandma to 6!!!! Just getting started on getting back healthier and losing weight. Great stories y’all have, very inspirational. Feel free to add me...
  • pgoodt1994
    pgoodt1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45 yesterday and just getting started. Making myself short term goals to give myself something to look forward to and not just the big goal at the end. I'm going to start walking tonight. Hoping to be down 10 pounds by Easter. Keep up the good work ladies...very inspirational to those of us that are just starting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!