Can I Ask a Question?

Options

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Whats up with calling someone a muscle head?
    offensive
    means there smart, write?
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    offensive

I call someone who's in the gym lifting weights 24/7 a MuscleHead. I call someone who thinks that the only REAL workout comes from lifting iron..a MuscleHead. It's only offensive if you are, well, a MuscleHead.

Zumba is sexy..you're moving your body..sweating..and having a ball. Zumba is universal..everyone can do it. So don't knock it.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I would NEVER DO ZUMBA. I don't find Zumba sexy either. I don't actually consider Zumba a "workout"..for ME. Zumba is not universal.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also lift weights at the gym. I'm a dancer and zumba can be fun (with the right teacher), but I don't actually take the classes (I don't like high impact aerobic classes at a steady state). But, I don't think it's weird that men enjoy recreational dancing and being around women. To think it is weird seems bizarre to me.
  • trjolly1
    Options
    Explaining yourself to idiots is a wasted effort. They are closed minded. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Do what you enjoy, live life to it's fullest.
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    I would NEVER DO ZUMBA. I don't find Zumba sexy either. I don't actually consider Zumba a "workout"..for ME. Zumba is not universal.

But seriously....who cares?
    That's YOU! Many people find Zumba to be a fantastic workout...I doubt your opinion matters much.
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    Explaining yourself to idiots is a wasted effort. They are closed minded. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Do what you enjoy, live life to it's fullest.

Let the church say AMEN :heart:
    Options

That's YOU! Many people find Zumba to be a fantastic workout...I doubt your opinion matters much.

You're the one who wanted to start talking about "muscle heads" or whatever you said.This guy asked a question--you're just being rude.
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options

You're the one who wanted to start talking about "muscle heads" or whatever you said.This guy asked a question--you're just being rude.

I'm not being rude.....wait, or am I? Maybe telling someone that their favorite form of exercise is "WEIRD" is rude too then, huh?

Step away from the drama..
    Options

I'm not being rude.....wait, or am I? Maybe telling someone that their favorite form of exercise is "WEIRD" is rude too then, huh?

Step away from the drama..

If the OP asks whether something is weird or not then doesn't that give the respondents the right to answer his question?
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

If the OP asks whether something is weird or not then doesn't that give the respondents the right to answer his question?

Oh don't be silly. This is the internet, you have no right to your own opinion. All questions must be answered in a way as to not hurt the ops feelings.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Those types of classes tend to be dominated by females...

So it may be surprising, but not weird.

I've got a few guys that go to Body Pump, Zumba, Step at my gym...We enjoy the eye candy, actually. Only person you have to prove anything to is yourself.
  • beccannes
    Options
    I think you should do what you like when it comes to exercising and what will keep you motivated to continue.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's weird...

...but everyone has something weird that they do. Congrats on yours being good for you AND that you are surrounded by women too.

(Full disclosure: I may or may not have taken a hip-hop class with my wife a few years ago.)
    Ok that's just downright adorable.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Why is that weird? Is it weird for a woman to like playing hockey? Or for a woman to like boxing? Exercise is exercise.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't think a man enjoying cardio, such as Zumba, is weird. I've been trying to get my husband to go with me in all actuality. The key to successfully losing weight and keeping it off is finding workouts that you ENJOY. Whatever floats your canoe. :)
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No nothing wrong with that, you need to do whatever suits you. The zumba classs I use to go to had men so its not strange, I guess its just other people All the best
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    I get it! No I am not a guy so maybe this won't help but Seriously! Why are the guys at the gym all flexing and trying to out man each other? This is my least favorite part about the gym which is why I joined planet fitness. I really enjoy it when the meat heads get booted for flexing and dropping weights too much. Pissing contests are never attractive!

Keep on dancing! Ignore the meat heads who have commented and who may look down on your enjoyment of your non testosterone ruled workout!
  • eidnalhenri
    Options
    I don't think it's weird that a man would enjoy a class where he's surrounded by women and has very little or no male competition in the room. For some men, getting a good workout in would just be a happy side effect.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    offensive

I call someone who's in the gym lifting weights 24/7 a MuscleHead. I call someone who thinks that the only REAL workout comes from lifting iron..a MuscleHead. It's only offensive if you are, well, a MuscleHead.

Zumba is sexy..you're moving your body..sweating..and having a ball. Zumba is universal..everyone can do it. So don't knock it.

how did I knock it in any way?