Replies

• EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    you only get one birthday a year. EAT TILL U CANT MOVE

This.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Eat healthy the surrounding days, keep working out... and eat the dang cake. Make whatever cake you want - or just buy it if you don't want to make it.

It is ok to have a slice of cake if you continue to eat healthy otherwise.

And Happy Birthday.

This is my plan! My birthday is on the 18th! Happy birthday to you!!!!!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    any cake mix + diet soda (I recommend chocolate with diet dr pepper)
    or
    any cake mix + canned pure pumpkin.

still has the sugar and carbs, but a lot lower in fat and calories
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Someone I work with gave me part of a chocolate cake...I did have a fork full, just a small bite...it actually was very delicious...my food for my birthday tho' was free from Schlotzky's and IHOP via coupons from them... not a huge sweet eater anyway...love my carbs other ways.

Happy Birthday and enjoy whatever you decide to do... :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yeah, *reward* yourself with all the cake you can eat (even if it's one day each year)...

...because treating food as a reward has served so many so well.

=\
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Oh come on! It's your birthday! We should ALL have cake! :drinker:
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is Saturday and I had the same question. My answer originally: angel food cake, but I'm gonna go further and have banana cake cupcakes instead. No matter your decision, just ENJOY IT !!! And Happy Birthday!

My birthday is also Sat. I am waiting to see what happens in regards to the cake. My mother or my daughter have made a cake for me the last few years but they both know I am trying to lose weight. My daughter gave me my present today so I know she is thinking about it. If I don't have a cake that will be fine. If I do have a cake, I plan on eating a healthy sized serving and limiting it to that one slice - no seconds over the next couple of days - but REALLY enjoying that slice!

Happy Birthday!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nevermind. Turns out I didn't read the post either. I fail.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    The tip about Greek yogurt substitution was great though! I'll keep that in mind for future, when I finally acquire a real oven (only have a toaster oven right now).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Heh heh. Kind of wishing I hadn't pointed it out to you. =P
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

BUT she did give a good tip on replacing oil in a cake mix with greek yogurt. & she gave some hungry girl link, where the girl tested replacements for oil and that was the best one.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you should go to your local bakery (or grocery store) and buy a single slice of fantastic cake. Just make allowances for it in your daily numbers and enjoy your celebration.
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    When I do cake for my birthday, I have actual cake, but I use whole wheat stone ground flour, I replace the oil with apple sauce, and the sugar in the recipe with either honey or stevia. I cuts a lot of calories and fat, yet still tastes fantastic. I might recomment making cupcakes to keep portions in control. Also, to cut back on frosting I'll melt it down and drizzle designs on the cupcakes instead of slopping on lots of frosting.

Edit: I think if you want to buy a cake low in calories, you won't find one. If you don't want anyone, or you to have to make it...you might as well just enjoy whatever you buy at the store. :)
  • hadley1998
    hadley1998 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake!!:happy:
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Find the very best cupcake shop in town. Buy yourself two and eat them both. Enjoy your birthday!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Well here's the link for you in the future.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543

You know, you could just get one of your friends or family members to make you a cake. That'd be a win/win for everyone.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    If you were to eat an entire cake every year on your birthday, it wouldn't affect your weight. (provided you ate sensibly the rest of the time)

enjoy your day
  • luckycharm1965
    Options
    I say..your birthday eat the cake!...those cute little snickerdoodle cupcakes looked perfect :happy: May i suggest for friend /family birthdays that you pocket a DELICIOUS fiber one..chocolate fudge brownie!! (providing you like chocolate)..these are heaven for only 90 calories..you wont feel like you have lost out on anything...just alot of calories :wink:
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I recently saw that DQ has Blizzard Cupcakes. I coudn't look up the nutritional value and for sure they aren't going to be low cal, low fat or low sugar... BUT they are portion controlled. I thought it seemed like a good idea... hope you have a great birthday!
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate on chocolate. It's your birthday.