Would you chip your kids?

Options
Meg_78
Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
I mean in the same way that we chip our pets, but with the possibility of GPS...would you do it on your own kids?

I would in a heart beat, even if that makes me sound like paranoid mum, and only to be used in extreme circumstances (though the potential for abuse of this is all over it of course) and I would be happy for them to remove it at 18...

What are your opinions?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    we'll all have them eventually.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    No.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    we'll all have them eventually.

And thus begins Armageddon.
  • n0ob
    Options
    No.

yes

I'd use a shock collar if it was legal. not really...but pretty funny mental imagery.
  • Dub_D
    Options
    No.

yes

NO :angry:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    No.

yes

Maybe.
  • n0ob
    Options
    No.

yes

Maybe.

Call me?...maybe?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    They have watches & bracelets now for kids....less invasive I think haha

I will totally have a family tracker on my daughter's phone once she's old enough to have one....
  • Dub_D
    Options

I will totally have a family tracker on my daughter's phone once she's old enough to have one....

I would do that, I wouldn't implant one into her body though.
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    **** they can't live without their phones.. I can locate mine any second of the day.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    No.

yes

Maybe.

Call me?...maybe?

Screw you for gettingthat song stuck in my head..
  • Meg_78
    Options

See my fear comes more from kidnapping fears etc...not to track in every day life, but in the insane chance that something happened..I would consider jewelery, but it can be removed.

we have had a recent random kidnapping here, and it has just made me think.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

See my fear comes more from kidnapping fears etc...not to track in every day life, but in the insane chance that something happened..I would consider jewelery, but it can be removed.

Yea, I can see that ... however implanting a GPS in children for their "safety" would quickly send us, as a nation, down a very dangerous slippery slope

Justa thought....lil stud ear-rings ....unless they're gawdy criminals don't notice stud earrings
  • Meg_78
    Options

Yea, I can see that ... however implanting a GPS in children for their "safety" would quickly send us, as a nation, down a very dangerous slippery slope

Justa thought....lil stud ear-rings ....unless they're gawdy criminals don't notice stud earrings

lol yes hubs and I were just talking about the same thing...would need something for a boy too.

I can understand that chipping can have the possibilities to be disastrous on a large scale if it becomes a government run program, and as a parent you could take advantage of it it horrible ways...but if it could be done private and not connected to any thing other than my husband an I, then I would do it!
  • mommyrox05
    Options
    I mean in the same way that we chip our pets, but with the possibility of GPS...would you do it on your own kids?

I would in a heart beat, even if that makes me sound like paranoid mum, and only to be used in extreme circumstances (though the potential for abuse of this is all over it of course) and I would be happy for them to remove it at 18...

What are your opinions?

Hell YES, I would! for the smae reasons you lisetd. I am terrified that some freakshow might try and take one of my precious babies!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    In my county, the Sherriff's office has a program to provide ankle bracelets for special needs kids upon request; very popular program.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't implant anything in my pets. So why would I in my children? I think it's cruel and mean when there's other forms out there that can be used and easily taken off without surgery or implanting something in the skin.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'll just lock my kids in the basement until they're 18, eliminate all risks.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

I would do that, I wouldn't implant one into her body though.

This^
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    100% YES.

I plan on doing everything I can to keep her safe.... She's 4 and I worry all the time now...
    If she has something that can help me find her if she was lost, I would totally do it.