The Vitamin D Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    But seriously, from what I've read, I suspect many people are vitamin D deficient...and it's an incredibly cheap supplement...and there aren't any negative side effects (that I'm aware of) for taking a reasonable dose...so in the whole cost-benefit analysis, it makes sense for me to take it.

Will it have amazing effects on your weight loss? Almost certainly not.

Edit: to change to "incredibly cheap" from "relatively cheap". Seriously, this stuff is <$20 for a 6-12 months supply (depending on how you dose it).

No, the majority of people are NOT deficient. I really should have invested some $ in supplements. As long as you get enough cholesterol for conversion you're good. ApoE4 gene.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D and it's relationship to body composition and weight managment

Objective: To identify the relationship between serum vitamin D status and body composition in adult male.

Method.... jofjltncb6 took a vitamin D supplement...

Results ...he is not overweight...

Conclusion This diet obviously works incredibly well.

[/thread]

I've reviewed your study and support your conclusions

I'm sticking with my gun toting guy, even though jof is talking silly.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it only works in anal suppository form.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But seriously, from what I've read, I suspect many people are vitamin D deficient...and it's an incredibly cheap supplement...and there aren't any negative side effects (that I'm aware of) for taking a reasonable dose...so in the whole cost-benefit analysis, it makes sense for me to take it.

Will it have amazing effects on your weight loss? Almost certainly not.

Edit: to change to "incredibly cheap" from "relatively cheap". Seriously, this stuff is <$20 for a 6-12 months supply (depending on how you dose it).

No, the majority of people are NOT deficient. I really should have invested some $ in supplements. As long as you get enough cholesterol for conversion you're good. ApoE4 gene.

*Nananananacan'thearyounanananana*
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Google showed me this...

http://www.emaxhealth.com/8782/what-studies-support-vitamin-d-belly-fat-diet-discussed-dr-oz-show

Read carefully: "...the Vitamin D Diet is a portion control based program that limits an individual to 1400-1500 calories per day of Vitamin D rich foods that will provide the body with approximately 600 IU of Vitamin D daily."
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I take vit D3 liquid drops in winter (and so does my husband and kids) but not for weight loss. It's good for flu prevention: http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/03/10/ajcn.2009.29094.abstract

We live in southern CA and are outdoor a lot so I only supplement in late fall/winter.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I take D3 drops because I'm deficient and I always make sure I take it with food containing fat. Never heard of it used for weight loss
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Never watched Dr. Oz. Guess I will watch this video. Friend of mine tried the raspberry keto whatever. He said it was a waste of money and MFP got him back on track.

My Dr. did tell me to take vitamin D. I do when I think of it (not good at taking pills).

Good luck with it!