Challenge: Can you stop nighttime snacking for a whole month

13»

Replies

• Keep goin there zaza, go for 4!

I managed last night, but was a fail the night before.. I'm fine if I can just stay asleep! Not sure how tonight will go, it was an unusually hungry day.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Thanks for the support TwentyTen and hang in there. We all slip up now and then, but you made it last night so that's great. One day at a time.

I was very tempted to snack last night around 10:30 (watching the Olympics made me hungry), but I just kept thinking about this challenge and didn't want to have to confess. So, I stayed out of the ktichen. :happy:

I am hoping to make tonight Day 4. It's a girls' night out and will be a later night than usual so I have my 11:30 cut-off (I hope I remember)
    Good luck everyone w/the week-end.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    I'm happy to report I've made it thru 4 nights. I cut it close last night. My cut-off was 11:30 since I had a girls' night out and I managed to take my last sip of coke (I know, not a great choice but I was SO thirsty) at 11:29. The bad news is that I went so far over calories at dinner that I didn't even bother to count. :ohwell: But I did enjoy every mouthful.
    Today is a new day and I plan to make it my Day 5 of no late night snacking!!!
    Zaza
  • I'm happy to report I've made it thru 4 nights. I cut it close last night. My cut-off was 11:30 since I had a girls' night out and I managed to take my last sip of coke (I know, not a great choice but I was SO thirsty) at 11:29. The bad news is that I went so far over calories at dinner that I didn't even bother to count. :ohwell: But I did enjoy every mouthful.
    Today is a new day and I plan to make it my Day 5 of no late night snacking!!!
    Zaza

Four in row is good zaza! I have done well the past couple nights myself. Perhaps without caffeine in my system, my nights will be more restful. It's gotta help.
  • zaza54
    Happy to hear it Jane. Now that you mention caffeine, I woke up at 5 a.m. today (and I hadn't gone to bed until 1:15 a.m. :cry: ). Maybe it was that coke. Let's both try to avoid caffeine at night! Good luck tonight.
    Zaza
    PS Thanks for your support. I appreciate it.:flowerforyou:
  • Hey zaza, I have gotten through the last few nights peacefully and snacklessly. Yes, I am certainly avoiding caffeine anytime after work. I am sticking with just a couple cups of green tea while on the job, and thats IT.

You definitely need more than 4 hours sleep, we all do.

Hope you had a great weekend!

579852.png
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Maybe not up to a "whole month" yet :), but I managed 26 days in a row (I started counting in January).
    Today I'm back to day 1, but I aim for more than 26 days this time :smile:.
  • zaza54
    Wow dewdrop!!! 26 days in a row is fabulous!!! If anyone can go longer, it will be you.
    Jane, great work!! Sounds like you're on a roll too.
    As for me, I have made it through 7 nights! Yeah!
    Let's all keep up the good work.
    I have been very tempted, but you guys keep me on the straight and narrow path.
    Zaza
  • Thats awesome dewdrop, 26 days... wow!

You did a full week Zaza!! You are really doing this now.

I am at about four now. This takes some practice, lol. :tongue:

Keep it up!!
  • zaza54
    Day 8 completed! Yeah.
    Jane, stay with us. You can do this!!:smile:
    Zaza
  • Wow I am proud of you Zaza! You have gone over a week now, right on.

I am back to square one I'm afraid. Had a 4am bowl of cereal. I barely remember it even, but yes I did.
    It was a restless night and I am sure feeling it today. :yawn: Struggling not to fall asleep at my desk here...

So, lol, I sure have fallen way short of a month, but thanks to this thread I did manage several days in a row at one point so thats better than nothing. Now I will just see if maybe I can get through the rest of it, what little is left of it anyway.

Try and try again.

Keep going Zaza!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I'm guilty of this one too, insomnia and nightmares, sometime I'm up at 4am and STARVING for grits or a "quickie" microwaved canned meal packed with sodium, ugh :frown: I'll give this one a shot, perhaps carrots/celery and a tblspoon of light ranch dressing if I must have a snack after midnight.
  • zaza54
    Well, I blew it last night. :grumble: I just had to have a few sips of coke, which opened the floodgates! :explode:
    So, my record for the month of February is 8 consecutive nights without late night snacking . Not enough to beat Jane - but there's always next month!:laugh:

Anyway, today is a new day and I am resolved to do better.
    Tonight is my new Day 1.

Welcome CherokeeBabe ! Good luck in this challenge. While Feb. ends soon, I'll post a new monthly challenge for March

Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Try and try again.

That's my motto, too! So keep up the good work, girls! Being accountable and being able to get over the little failures is what makes us winners in this :drinker: .
    I've got 3 days down so far. And intend to keep going :wink: .
  • zaza54
    Will keep short since can't use right hand. Looks like twentyten is our winner this month. Well done Jane!
    Look for the March challenge.
    Zaza
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Will keep short since can't use right hand. Looks like twentyten is our winner this month. Well done Jane!
    Look for the March challenge.
    Zaza

What ? No, I do believe dewdrop takes the prize. Twenty-some days in a row!

Hope all is ok with your hand zaza.

New month. I like March!
This discussion has been closed.