A rant about ''friends''

Options

Replies

• As long as they are a friend to me, giving and getting support to/from me, then it's really none of my business who their other friends are. If i have a man on my FL that kicks my butt when im failing, gives me kudo's when im doing well, etc.. i dont care if he has 5500 friends and they are all women... why would i?
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    and what if there was a lesbian with all female friends...... delete her too?....... lol
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oh this is a new thread topic.

A post where the Op takes the entire "friend" portion on a calorie counting

website way too personally.

Hrm.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have friends of both genders, but I will openly admit to having accepted or sent friend requests to some man candy. Life is short, look at those SHOULDERS...

I'm sorry, what was I saying?
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I just wanna delete people who don't log in. it's getting to me. At first I was deleting people who didn't log in for 2 wks. then if you didn't log in a week you were gone. but today I deleted some that hadn't logged in for 3-5 days. kept some others that had been gone 3-5 days too, I kept the ones I've had interaction with. if we never interact, I can't recall anything about you or your life or diet, and you can't log in for days...bye. I dont know why it is so annoying to me but I think I just want friends who are taking this as seriously as I do.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I admit I was of the same thinking... but now if they want to ogle my pictures then who am I to spoil their fun? I'm not innocent of doing the same. :tongue:

Different strokes for different folks. Hi boys! :drinker:
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    How about you people work the knots out of your panties and encourage people and MAYBE, if you MUST, judge them on their ability to GET IT DONE and EAT WELL, and leave their personal choices on when to log in or who to be friends with to them?

Overthinking it, party of apparently a WHOLE FREAKING BUNCH,
  • LittleMissRainey
    Options
    I have friends of both genders, but I will openly admit to having accepted or sent friend requests to some man candy. Life is short, look at those SHOULDERS...

It's always the shoulders! *wibble*
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So basically you go to peoples profiles, and so "oh, he only has female friends" let he MUST be a perv. let me delete him? thats judging a book by its cover..
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

I am a sucker for shoulders and a strong back. OH sweet lord... I'm going to go take a cold shower.
  • LittleMissRainey
    Options

I am a sucker for shoulders and a strong back. OH sweet lord... I'm going to go take a cold shower.

You've stolen my brain - give it back (I need it)!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    haha ^ You girls are awesome.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Considering this site is overloaded with females, I don't find it creepy nor would I make an assumption about someone based on who is on their FL.

*this* Don't be TOOOO quick to judge, OP. I just looked at my friend list, only 5 of the 14 are dudes. The first one introduced me to this site, and the other 4 caught my attention with their advice/posts in the forums. For the first month or so I was only focused on logging. Recently I started participating in the forums and since then most of my friend requests have been to females. It wasn't deliberate, it's just that those were the posts that made me think, "Hey, this person sounds like somebody I'd to hang out with in real life... knowledgeable, witty, and supportive." No alterior motives here as I've always had a few few more female friends versus male friends in real life. Although now in the back of my mind I might start trying to even out the ratio by a smidge to keep it from looking creepy. Dammit, now you got me second-guesing myself! :mad: :wink:
  • LittleMissRainey
    Options
    haha ^ You girls are awesome.

It's a gift and a curse ;) Thank you.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

Great minds think alike! :)
  • LittleMissRainey
    Options

Great minds think alike! :)

That they do! highfive.gif
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    Considering this site is overloaded with females, I don't find it creepy nor would I make an assumption about someone based on who is on their FL.

*this* Don't be TOOOO quick to judge, OP. I just looked at my friend list, only 5 of the 14 are dudes. The first one introduced me to this site, and the other 4 caught my attention with their advice/posts in the forums. For the first month or so I was only focused on logging. Recently I started participating in the forums and since then most of my friend requests have been to females. It wasn't deliberate, it's just that those were the posts that made me think, "Hey, this person sounds like somebody I'd to hang out with in real life... knowledgeable, witty, and supportive." No alterior motives here as I've always had a few few more female friends versus male friends in real life. Although now in the back of my mind I might start trying to even out the ratio by a smidge to keep it from looking creepy. Dammit, now you got me second-guesing myself! :mad: :wink:

This guy, every word the same for me too.

I think some people are just way too concerned with what everyone else is doing. I can't imagine looking at my MFP friends and paying enough attention to THEIR friends list enough to ever come to this conclusion.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    yup creeps me out too!
    And I'd like to tell them to . . . . .

2ec07c91.gif
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what other people do here-I am too busy with my own life. The only reason I delete people is for lack of support!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You can do what you want with your friends list, but I think you are overthinking this, a bit.