5'1 - 5'2 ladies whats your goal weight :)

Options

Replies

• Phaedrea
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I started out at 130 with a goal weight of 110. I am at 112 now and have realized that 110 isn't going to cut it for me. There is no way the body I want is just two pounds away. Maybe if I was in perfect shape with a lot more muscle mass it would be okay, but I'm no athlete. So 105 it is, maybe even 100. I'll have to see once I get there. I guess my bones structure is smaller than I thought it was :/
  • Tinakirchoff85
    Tinakirchoff85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 142lb, my goal weight is 125.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    NIne stone 9 for me or 135 if you prefer...I look good at that weight... :-)
  • MalleyAlley
    MalleyAlley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" and my goal is 105. I have a small frame (no hips really) I have always been between about 100-105. I took antidepressant for a few months and added about 20 lbs. (egads!) Just trying to get back to normal...for me :-)

Oh and, I have a long torso and short legs so it distributes differently...makes me looks "stubby" when I weigh more than 105. lol
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". And I'd be happy with 130.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm 5' 2", 44 and leaning towards a goal weight of 132. Everything I have read says I should be between 120-126, but I honestly don't feel that is a realistic goal for me.

When I reach 132 or even higher depending on how my clothes fit/toned body, etc. I'll decide what the ultimate goal is.

Best of luck to you :)
  • SummervilleSweetie
    Options
    I'm 5'2"1/2 and I am very overweight. Even though the chart says I should be around 120...I think that is unrealistic for me. I would be happy with 150lbs. When I weighed 135lbs, and wore a size 6 everyone said I looked too thin...I guess it's my bone structure. So like I said, I would be happy at 150lbs. I have a long way to go...well over 100 lbs to loose to get there, but I'm trying. :)
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and large framed. I'm at 121 and that's just right for me. I may get to 118 as I still lose a pound a month but don't want to get to the 115 to 117 I was at as a teenager. That's not healthy for me. A lot depends on your frame and your age. The height is only part of the calculation.
  • MalleyAlley
    MalleyAlley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL... My ribs don't stick out, I'm pretty muscular and I usually eat constantly. I'm gluten and lactose intolerant, plus hypoglycemic so I rarely ever eat sugar. When I was younger, I weighed between 95 and 100 and my grandfather said I had "bent elbow disease"...always bending my elbow to eat. It's only been recently that I'm watching my calories more closely because of the 20 lbs. I gained in 3 mos. I'm incredibly uncomfortable and the extra weight is affecting my heart...causes palpitations.

We're just a bunch of skinny and wirey Irish folk ;-)
  • carsmakemebeep
    carsmakemebeep Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am just barely 5'2 and am down to 128lbs. My goal is 110 as I am naturally curvy and want to see what I'd look like if I was a bit slimmer.I think personally, if you are going anywhere underneath 110 its a bit much and not very healthy for our height going by bmi unless you are naturally small boned! For me I have a medium bone structure,wide hips and broad shoulders naturally so I'd go for 110 -115 for smallest. You should go lookup your bmi and checkout the charts they have,helps a lot when trying to decide your goal ending weight.
  • elizabethannerussell
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" (age 29) and started at 147 and now am 133. I have in my early 20s and more recently with MFP gotten to 127, but its VERY difficult and really I can't break below that. It doesn't last for long and then back up into the mid 130s. For me (pretty curvy structure), I think its unrealistic to stay below 130 - even to keep within the 130s requires constant vigilance. But, knowing that i CAN technically be 127, I feel like I need to somehow get there and stay that way. it makes it very difficult to shop, knowing you are good at 133, but COULD be 127, but if let go for a bit, will be more like 136-140. Does anyone else find this? Reading that people of my same height are shooting for 100, 110, 115 is mind-blowing and I can't imagine what I'd even look like had I the self control to get there! Does anyone else find this? I'd really like to be in a place where my weight is stable, and can gain or lose a few pounds either way and my clothes still fit. please add if in similar situation!
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'M 47 YEARS OLD 5'2 GOAL IS 135 ALMOST THERE!!!!!
  • maskingtaped
    Options
    5'2" and my goal is 90lbs, though if i like how i look at 100, i wouldn't mind staying there.
    i'm also 18, turning 19 in two days.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in for the women who are in disbelief that some of want to be 100, 110, etc. I know we are all short, but there are so many other factors including where you hold your weight, if you have a short torso or long torso, are small-framed or have a bigger frame.

I am just under 5.1 and currently am somewhere around 113-115....I think. I fluctutate a lot during TOM and this week I have been sick, so yesterday my scale said 111.5, which I know is not accurate. But my thing is my gut - I carry my weight in my middle section and most days look preggers. I hate it. When I started losing weight last year I noticed my waist was looking better. But even then I got down to 110 and still had a gut. I want it gone. I also want to incorporate more exercise in this year, especially strength training, so who knows? If I keep at it maybe I can get the flat belly I want and still be around 115. But last summer I felt like, "holy crap- I am down to 110 and still have a fat belly! I don't want to go down to my highschool weight of 98 lbs, I am grown woman gosh darnit! But.....how do I get rid of this gut??"

Hopefully I can accomplish that this year - the number on the scale is not that big of a deal to me....the way I look, and they way I feel about I look, is.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in for the women who are in disbelief that some of want to be 100, 110, etc. I know we are all short, but there are so many other factors including where you hold your weight, if you have a short torso or long torso, are small-framed or have a bigger frame.

I am just under 5.1 and currently am somewhere around 113-115....I think. I fluctutate a lot during TOM and this week I have been sick, so yesterday my scale said 111.5, which I know is not accurate. But my thing is my gut - I carry my weight in my middle section and most days look preggers. I hate it. When I started losing weight last year I noticed my waist was looking better. But even then I got down to 110 and still had a gut. I want it gone. I also want to incorporate more exercise in this year, especially strength training, so who knows? If I keep at it maybe I can get the flat belly I want and still be around 115. But last summer I felt like, "holy crap- I am down to 110 and still have a fat belly! I don't want to go down to my highschool weight of 98 lbs, I am grown woman gosh darnit! But.....how do I get rid of this gut??"

Hopefully I can accomplish that this year - the number on the scale is not that big of a deal to me....the way I look, and they way I feel about I look, is.

I'm very similar to this. I didn't have a particular weight in mind initially. I'm currently around 108lbs at 5"2. I want to incorporate strength training too so am not too fussed if the scales increase slightly. Just want to lose abit of my belly.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So many pages to read here. I have been struggling with this very issue for a month now. I am 59 years old. When I started I was 156 pounds. I am 5'1". I set my first goal at 134. When I reached it I set to 130. Then reset to 127, then to 125. Now, I set it to 121. When I look at the national health web site whatever its called, they give a healthy weight for my height 5"1" as between 98 and 132! as at least one other person on here said. What a gap. Its hard to tell where I should be.
    I am very afraid of getting obsessed with losing too much. I LOVE to eat.... right now, I am set at 1200 calories, at MFP recommended settings. I upped the protein to 75. I try to eat all my exercise calories. When I weighed 156, I was set at 1100 but since I tipped the scale at 125, I keep getting an error message that I am not eating enough. I have to say, I am definitely feeling lost here. Glad to know I am not alone.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" (age 29) and started at 147 and now am 133. I have in my early 20s and more recently with MFP gotten to 127, but its VERY difficult and really I can't break below that. It doesn't last for long and then back up into the mid 130s. For me (pretty curvy structure), I think its unrealistic to stay below 130 - even to keep within the 130s requires constant vigilance. But, knowing that i CAN technically be 127, I feel like I need to somehow get there and stay that way. it makes it very difficult to shop, knowing you are good at 133, but COULD be 127, but if let go for a bit, will be more like 136-140. Does anyone else find this? Reading that people of my same height are shooting for 100, 110, 115 is mind-blowing and I can't imagine what I'd even look like had I the self control to get there! Does anyone else find this? I'd really like to be in a place where my weight is stable, and can gain or lose a few pounds either way and my clothes still fit. please add if in similar situation!

Thank you. I, too, got very dismayed when I saw these women who are five feet two setting their goals at 100 pounds.
    I wish I had a better handle on it. I agree, the shopping is impossible. All my clothes are falling off. I dont dare buy new ones yet.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    5'2" here...I have been as small as 116 in the last 4 years but I think that is just too skinny for me. I am going for 130-135 and toned!!!! Ill take the extra pounds of muscle!
  • LadyBrady
    LadyBrady Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and currently in the high 200's... I gave always been overweight, and I just cant imagine myself weight 115-120lbs... Honestly my first goal is to get down to 150 and then we will see how i feel once i am there.
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my starting weight was 193, now I'm 174 and my goal weight for now is about 135, but my ultimate goal is about 115-120. :smile: