Wife asked me to leave, try to get her back...

Options
Ok, here is the important stuff, I need friends who are looking to get healthy, people I can give support to, people who can give support... Here is my story, I know it will get long, just a warning...

after 13 years and 3 children my wife asked me to remove myself from our home... I was stay at home dad for the last 3 years, with our 3 year old twin boys. This came on September 28th 2012

Yes I had been very mean to her, cause she didn't want to move and I did... yes she needed to do something, but this was a little harsh, she already filed for divorce on 10-19 (my 8 year old daughters birthday)... We have had lots of problems, she says she needs space and the divorce for healing and there is hope for us in the future...

5 years ago I had been accepted into the Sheriff department, but could not pass the physical agility test... At the same time I lost my job of 13 years and things just went bad fast. That brings me to my motivation, I am trying to get in shape to join the Sheriff Department again and be healthy enough to get all the way through... Of course this should also bring my wife back to me I would hope.

Sadly I had to do something for work, since I had my Commercial drivers license I took the first job I could get, driving an 18 wheeler cross country... I am finding time to exercise and I buy Subway in bulk and keep it in my cooler for my meals, but it is rough, support is appreciated, thanks for reading all the way through...

William

Replies

• fatjoegut
    Options
    Oh, I forgot, I am down 50 lbs in 5 weeks, I am at 275 as of Monday the 5th of this month, wont be able to weigh in again until Sunday the 18th most likely, I am hoping to be in the 260's by then. I need to get around 220 and I am 6'4"

William
  • mwoods5716
    mwoods5716 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You've had a rough patch! I've got a LOT of weight to lose, and I also love to get support from as many people as I can get. Add me to your friend list and I'll send you messages as often as I can.
  • mhogge
    mhogge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds, like you are on the right track. I have been trying this for awhile and on my 2nd personal trainer. Motivation is a good thing and a big part of what you are doing. Just remember that being on over the road driver can take it's toll on you, physically and mentally. I know this because my Husband was an over the road driver. Fast and convient foods are their life, so good job on keeping your cooler filled with something other than junk. Good Luck!!!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are having so many difficulties at this time ........

Of course, I hope that you achieve your goals ...... and congrats on the weight loss so far !
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    Good luck William! I hope the best for you and your family!
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job of taking control and making sure you're going to be around in 20 years to see your kids get married. So much luck and positive wishes to you for achieving that despite the difficult circumstances.
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sorry about everything you are going through. You can add me if you would like
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Count me in for support!
    :)MinMin97
  • kate_xoxo29
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me if you wish I log on and comment daily
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support! Good luck, you can do it!
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sorry about everything,but you can do t. I know that everything will be ok.
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear everything you've been through! If you need support I'm always here. Good luck with everything, I'm sure things will all turn out for the best.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your situation. It will get better, and this site is awesome to lose weight.:)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about everything. Would she be open to marital counseling in the future?
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your troubles. You will definitely find support here. Don't give up!
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about everything thats happened! Lets hope that this is the start of everything turning around :) xxx
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi William!

You are on the right track and you have a good plan for the future (getting back into the Sheriff's Dept). And congratulations on losing all this weight already! Getting your life back together again is most important for your own mental health.

There's one thing you need to be aware of, though: your wife might not return to you, even after you've lost all excess weight and are back at regular work.

I don't mean to be discouraging at all, you just need to be aware of this reality so that you don't fall into a pit if she doesn't come back. Don't go into a binge and regain all the weight you've worked so hard for if she snubs you.

Just continue with your healthy lifestyle and do what is best for you. Even if that means accepting the divorce and letting go of an unhappy relationship. Move on and strive to find the happiness you deserve in your life.

You're on the way already. Best of luck!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you for wanting to further your career and better yourself...But I woudn't do it for someone else. Who's to say she will even come back? She could be using that as an easy out for herself. Do your thing and take care of you and your kids and the perfect woman for you will come along!!
  • mcgonigal
    Options
    Hey, I'm going through a divorce too, keep your head up, and best wishes with your weight loss. 50 pounds in five weeks is fantastic!

Also, if you haven't moved out of the house yet, talk to an attorney before doing so. In some states, one spouse moving out of the house voluntarily, even if the wife asks him to do so, can hurt your case for custody of the children.