Anyone 200lbs or over try the 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 today and burned 174 calories in 27 minutes.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd but not tried it yet; I was not sure I had the cardio fitness to do it all....anyone have poor cardio first?
  • aharrington84
    aharrington84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was 257 when I started it and lost 11 pounds. I did it everyday for 30 days straight and didn't take breaks like other people on here talk about. I honestly didn't realize you were supposed to until I was almost done. I lost 3 inches off my hips and waist, 2 inches from my bust, and 5 inches off each thigh. Pretty good results. I also did C25K throughout some of my 30 day shred time. Now i'm 10 days in to Insanity and so far have lost 20 pounds (in all, not just with insanity). I"ve done it in about 10 weeks and generally eat back most of my exercise calories.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I did the shred when I was 200 lbs. It was a great workout! I usually did it on off days between the gym so I can't base my results off the shred, but it definitely gives you a great sweat!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i completed ripped in 30 twice when i was in the 200s and started JMBR in my 190s so its definitely doable. the second time i did it i supplemented with glucosamine for my joints and havent had any problems.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am 238 lbs, and I do it a few times a week. I tried awhile ago doing it properly, each level for 10 days in a row, but i have a pretty busy schedule and couldn't stick with it, so now I just do it usually about 4 or 5 days a week, and I just do each level randomly. At first it was a really hard workout, but I can get through it okay now, even though some days are a bit harder than others. I think people over 200lbs shouldn't feel nervous about doing it at all, because its worth it.
  • banks89202
    Options
    I started at 284lbs finished the shred and was down 20lbs and lost 15 inches ( I missed a day a few times) Right after I finished the shred I started Ripped in 30 and I am down another 10lbs and am starting level 3 tomorrow. It is very hard but you can do it :)
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    206 when I started it (don't weigh in until 11/21) and so far I have lost 2" off ea arm, 2" off waist and hips :) The first 2 days were hell for me but I am on day 20 now and am actually able to do a girl push up (couldn't do it before) I am now doing level 1 in the AM and level 3 in the afternoon these next 10 days ^u^ Good luck doll!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm at 280 lbs and I just finished Day 3. My mom is at 294 and she did Day 1 today. (We did it together, both on level 1.)

1st day I was dying. Every move was difficult. Especially pushups, reverse crunches, and bicycle crunches. And getting up and down from the floor was a workout in itself. I used 2 pound weights, because that's all I had.

Today, my muscles weren't hurting as bad. Still hurting, but not as bad. This morning I ran about 80 yards, just to see if I could. I bought 5 pound weights before I started, so the arm moves were harder. BUT I had a little more stamina than I did the day before, and I actually did more pushups (still on my knees) and I'm feeling really good about it.

I started walking about a month ago, and this is the first 'real' workout I've done. I haven't exercised anywhere near regularly or at all since sometime around middle school.
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I look forward to giving this a shot today, I will let you guys know how many calories I burned, and my thoughts on the work out in general. I was really sad that I had to give up my gym membership, I certainly hope this helps me maintain working out at home.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I was 242 (5'3") when I started it. Did it for about a week then lost motivation. It also didnt help that I live on the second floor so I felt bad about jumping around.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear the results from people who weigh over 200lbs that have done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I have been looking at the other forum threads, but I have not really seen anyone 200lbs or over attempting this. Is this something some one 200lbs and over should not attempt?

Doing 30DS at 225 pounds!
  • jdorsey614
    jdorsey614 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I was 220 when I started and 204 when I stopped. I did it two and three times a day (when I got higher up in the levels) whenever I couldn't run. I felt it effectively contributed to my success of my first 5k. You can do it! Its hard as hell at first, do as much as you can and it gets a little easier everyday until you're whizing through it, THEN you need to go to level 2...... and it feels like death all over again but you will be soooo proud to have conquered Jillian Michaels!
  • emwaitexo
    Options
    I am currently 231 pounds. I just started this program yesterday. It is challenging, but manageable. I did have to stop for a quick breather but It's not like I passed out or got sick lol. I felt accomplished afterwards, and I have been hearing your endurance will increase as you go along everyday. You can add me if you want. :)
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a good thread. I'm over 200 and work out 4 times/week - TurboKick, Jazzercise, running. I bought the 30 day shred recently and have yet to start it. Thanks for all the good insight!
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 235lbs and currently doing the 30day shred. I am on day 7 level 1, I took a couple days off. When I first started I couldn't make it through without taking a few short breaks, but now I can get through the workout without a break still doing the modified version though with 3lb weights. I haven't lost alot of weight doing it, but my clothes seem to be getting looser and I have more energy :)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting a question I had been wondering about!. The responses have all been so positive, I'm not motivited to give it a try! If anyone doing is wants to friend me, I'd love some encouragement. on this !
  • charlenebclark
    charlenebclark Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have tried but never completed 30DS. I did the workouts at 205ish and they're not super bad. You'll breathe heavy, maybe need a break in between, you'll sweat and you might have to push yourself but you can do it!
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    First time I tried I was 218. Tried again at 231. Both times it kicked my butt, but it's definitely possible.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this. The first time I tried I started it, finished watching it sitting on the couch, and never did it again. I am going to dust it off and start tomorrow (11/13/12). I sent you a friend request, we can update each other.

Anyone else want in??

Would be perfect to lose a few/tone up BEFORE Christmas/New Year!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!