Not knowing what to do in the gym weight room
    Being unable to buy tops to fit
    Having more than one chin in a picture
    weighing the equivalent of what I weighed when I was pregnant
    Having to wear spankx with everything
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    ...my daughter catching me meticulously pulling all the photos of me out of the new photography package and destroying them. She reminded me that she might like to look back at what life was like in high school and seeing pictures of me as I was during that time in her life.

(now that we have a digital camera, I still make sure I don't delete every picture of me)
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I remember "hugging" a pillow when relaxing on the couch at home because I wanted to hide the stomach that was much bigger when i was sitting down.

I remember wearing so many layers of Spanx or spandex under my clothes so that I would look "thinner" and being so uncomfortable and sweaty that I could not enjoy myself and only wanted to come home and get undressed.

I remember when mybeautiful 3 year old daughter innocently and honestly asked me why my stomach was so big when we were in the shower one day. I remember smiling instead of crying and telling her that mommy needs to lose a little weight and get healthier. It was like a knife to my heart to know that she noticed that part of me, but sadly, not enough for me to get off my *kitten* and do something 3 years ago. I NEVER want weight to be an issue for her.

I remember (and still experience) using my hair dryer to dry out the crease underneath my belly and put powder on to keep from getting a rash. It is humiliating and disgusting and I hope it goes away completely once I am down some more weight. I will take some loose skin on my belly any day in comparison to that. Can't believe I let myself exist like that.

I remember hating EVERY single picture I was in... Especially my double chin and all the weight in my midsection. Side angles were the absolute worst! Even now, I actually like most pictures I am in. What a change in just 45 lbs.

I remember last December when we were in Vegas and my daughter (then 6) wanted to zipline downtown. She wanted me to go with her and I was too scared to. The weight limit was 250 and I was right at/around that weight and too embarassed to have them weigh me and be rejected. So I had to deal with her disappointment that she had to do it without me.

I could go on and on forever unfortunately. But that is enough for now and about all my heart can take today. Bittersweet for sure... I am so happy to not be there anymore, but I still have a way to go and am disappointed in myself for getting to that point. I will NEVER go back to being that person again!
  • bbydl64
    bbydl64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I remember the days of being thin. I remember being healthy. I remember blading with my kids and having a social life. I may be the opposite of everyone else. My weight gain started at 36. I am 48 now. Everytime I think I have the motivation to be that thin and healthy person again, it only lasts a few weeks. I count my carbs, proteins etc. then I get tired of counting and start binging.....any ideas??:drinker:
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    Options
    WOW thoroughly enjoyed reading these posts!!! I have so much in common with you ALL. Please if you stumble across this topic keep posting your Memories. All these memories have taught us so many lessons on WHY we want to be fit and healthy. I DO love you all
  • _Tay_
    Options
    I remember "hugging" a pillow when relaxing on the couch at home because I wanted to hide the stomach that was much bigger when i was sitting down.

I remember wearing so many layers of Spanx or spandex under my clothes so that I would look "thinner" and being so uncomfortable and sweaty that I could not enjoy myself and only wanted to come home and get undressed.

I remember when mybeautiful 3 year old daughter innocently and honestly asked me why my stomach was so big when we were in the shower one day. I remember smiling instead of crying and telling her that mommy needs to lose a little weight and get healthier. It was like a knife to my heart to know that she noticed that part of me, but sadly, not enough for me to get off my *kitten* and do something 3 years ago. I NEVER want weight to be an issue for her.

I remember (and still experience) using my hair dryer to dry out the crease underneath my belly and put powder on to keep from getting a rash. It is humiliating and disgusting and I hope it goes away completely once I am down some more weight. I will take some loose skin on my belly any day in comparison to that. Can't believe I let myself exist like that.

I remember hating EVERY single picture I was in... Especially my double chin and all the weight in my midsection. Side angles were the absolute worst! Even now, I actually like most pictures I am in. What a change in just 45 lbs.

I remember last December when we were in Vegas and my daughter (then 6) wanted to zipline downtown. She wanted me to go with her and I was too scared to. The weight limit was 250 and I was right at/around that weight and too embarassed to have them weigh me and be rejected. So I had to deal with her disappointment that she had to do it without me.

I could go on and on forever unfortunately. But that is enough for now and about all my heart can take today. Bittersweet for sure... I am so happy to not be there anymore, but I still have a way to go and am disappointed in myself for getting to that point. I will NEVER go back to being that person again!

Inspirational to probably so many women out there. That was amazing of you to share such personal memories
  • _Tay_
    Options
    I remember the days of being thin. I remember being healthy. I remember blading with my kids and having a social life. I may be the opposite of everyone else. My weight gain started at 36. I am 48 now. Everytime I think I have the motivation to be that thin and healthy person again, it only lasts a few weeks. I count my carbs, proteins etc. then I get tired of counting and start binging.....any ideas??:drinker:

How long have you been using MFP?
    I would recommend this site to my anyone.
    I would love to help motivate you! There are so many people here in this community who can replace your giving up attitude with motivation, including me!
    add me if your interested!
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I remember standing behind people in group pictures so only my face showed.

I remember waking up with a sore back every day.

I remember thinking "I'm already fat, what difference will one more big mac make?"

I remember changing my clothes 3 or 4 times each morning because one outfit showed a muffin top, the other showed saddle bags, the other showed my belly pouch, etc

I remember envy....

I remember wondering if my husband would love me more if I were thin.

I remember needing new jeans, but refusing to buy them in the big size that actually fit me.

I remember making promises to myself that I didn't keep.

I remember people thinking I was older than I really was.

I remember wanting to work out but was too ashamed to go to the gym.

I remember the day I finally said "Enough".

I remember the day the scale finally moved.

I remember the day my I spent pulling up my pants because they were slipping off my hips.

I remember the day I cried in the dressing room because I could fit into the size I wore in high school.
  • _Tay_
    Options
    I remember standing behind people in group pictures so only my face showed.

I remember waking up with a sore back every day.

I remember thinking "I'm already fat, what difference will one more big mac make?"

I remember changing my clothes 3 or 4 times each morning because one outfit showed a muffin top, the other showed saddle bags, the other showed my belly pouch, etc

I remember envy....

I remember wondering if my husband would love me more if I were thin.

I remember needing new jeans, but refusing to buy them in the big size that actually fit me.

I remember making promises to myself that I didn't keep.

I remember people thinking I was older than I really was.

I remember wanting to work out but was too ashamed to go to the gym.

I remember the day I finally said "Enough".

I remember the day the scale finally moved.

I remember the day my I spent pulling up my pants because they were slipping off my hips.

I remember the day I cried in the dressing room because I could fit into the size I wore in high school.

Amazing. So many awesome points and memories. Congrats on your weight loss
  • EvictingTheMassInMyAss
    Options
    I remember being called the fat kid in school
    I remember eating fast food all the time
    I remember not knowing what a vegatable was
    I remember drinking alot of Mt, Dew
    I remember I CAN DO THIS!!

OK...well let me tell you what I remember about Todd. In a short period of time he has become my friend, he has GENUINELY touched my heart, and has become my inspiration. I WILL in the future be able to remember Todd making it to his goal weight!