really built and buff men.

Options

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am neither skinny fat nor do I have a gross body. I'm just saying that some of us do not have a goal of being super muscular, we just want to be fit and healthy and thin. Why is your way the only way to embrace? Sometimes when people ask for advice it isn't "how can I look like Popeye?"

That's just your perception and your opinion. Someone else could think totally opposite about your body.

Can't imagine why people think your a**holes.

And how does it make you any different when you have your negative views and opinions on people who are "too fit"? I didn't say that you were skinny fat or gross I simply pointed out the fact that its your opinion that you think you look good but someone else may not. Just like some people think muscular people look good and some do not.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am neither skinny fat nor do I have a gross body. I'm just saying that some of us do not have a goal of being super muscular, we just want to be fit and healthy and thin. Why is your way the only way to embrace? Sometimes when people ask for advice it isn't "how can I look like Popeye?"

That's just your perception and your opinion. Someone else could think totally opposite about your body.

And she's lost 26 pounds so she probably knows what she's doing too. I go to the gym but I'm not a gym rat--really, I don't want to be one. I'm too busy just trying to work and take care of my house, farm, etc. Plus it's boring. It's convenient to go there and work out. Sometimes there's cute guys there---are they rude? Of course. The workout, the gym, their looks, all thses trivial things are their lives and where they have invested all of their feeling of self worth. When they see that there are people who don't really invest there or care about looking loke "popeye" or what ever, I suppose it's belittling what they place so much ego into.

I'm not a gym rat either, just for the record. I'm also pretty busy with work and taking care of my house yet strangely enough I find time to take care of myself. How odd.

I think the real issue is people who don't feel its necessary to prioritize their health like to make it seem as if its too hard to do so. Some people feel better when they say "well that person is fit because they work out hours a day and eat nothing but protein powder". That's pretty far from the truth for most healthy people. If anything, more of the hard work is in self discipline and diet, not spending hours at the gym.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    In. Too bad other thread was deleted. I just dug up a good link to post in it, to differentiate between a personal attack and a polite disagreement, and how the OP easily confuses the two.

lolz.

Don't trust this guy. He said he'd inbox me his credentials. My inbox is still empty.

Credentials or CREDENTIALS?

Maybe they ended up in someone else's inbox. :wink:

hopefully mine lol
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hellllls yeah.
    Especially when they're 6 ft +. Love them tall!!!! hhaha
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I dont know if I qualify as really built or buff, but I do know a good bit about nutrition and strategies. Please friend me if you want support.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

And she's lost 26 pounds so she probably knows what she's doing too. I go to the gym but I'm not a gym rat--really, I don't want to be one. I'm too busy just trying to work and take care of my house, farm, etc. Plus it's boring. It's convenient to go there and work out. Sometimes there's cute guys there---are they rude? Of course. The workout, the gym, their looks, all thses trivial things are their lives and where they have invested all of their feeling of self worth. When they see that there are people who don't really invest there or care about looking loke "popeye" or what ever, I suppose it's belittling what they place so much ego into.

Lolz. Losing 26 pounds is not exactly unique around here and the thing that some folks have learned from some other peeps on here who are very knowledgeable about weight loss, some of who are lean and have ab pics, is that doing something one way is not necessarily the easiest way, or even the most effective way.

It seems like you are saying all cute guys are rude.....would hate to go to your gym. I would also hate to be so small minded to have the attitude that everyone that likes to take care of themselves in the way that matched their goals has to be rude and have all their self worth invested in their looks.

I would also hate to be someone who assumed that people who went to the gym to meet their goals looked like popeye. I try not to let my own insecurities and misaligned perceptions of others get in the way of my goals.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Funny, for a moment there, I thought you were describing yourself.

You got serious chip or your shoulder
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Eww... you have d***? lol

ROFL
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I want to be a buff guy,

and I don't understand the Popeye reference.

Also to note, I like spinach.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own goals. I don't see why people put down others because of their goal

Built/buff men get raged on ALL the time. They put a lot of work into their body and health and just get *kitten* for it. The buff guys I have met at my gym have been nothing but nice to me. If I need a spot or form check they are completely okay with coming to help me out quick. I have never had ANY of them be rude to me at all.

Keep up the hard work guys! I admire you :D
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    im really confused on what happened in this thread.... i thought about bunch of hot built men were gonna post :sad:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I only take advice from really built and buff men/women. For some reason I get the impression they know their shiz.

Oh no, don't fall for the bro science
    You see the thing with bro science is that it works.

Who would have thought?

I hope you're not being serious. Most bro science is as bad as Dr. Oz's quackery advice.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I only take advice from really built and buff men/women. For some reason I get the impression they know their shiz.

Who would have thought?

I hope you're not being serious. Most bro science is as bad as Dr. Oz's quackery advice.
    Actually I am being serious. Bodybuilders have been using "bro science" for decades. If it works for them who cares.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    im really confused on what happened in this thread.... i thought about bunch of hot built men were gonna post :sad:

Me toooooo!
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Who would have thought?

Actually I am being serious. Bodybuilders have been using "bro science" for decades. If it works for them who cares.
    :laugh: C'mon now. Wouldn't you prefer tactics that are ACTUAL science than tricks that someone was using when they happened to get results?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Count me in.
    In. Too bad other thread was deleted. I just dug up a good link to post in it, to differentiate between a personal attack and a polite disagreement, and how the OP easily confuses the two.

lolz.
    and I haven't seen that thread yet. Oh boy do I missed something here :(
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

lolz.

I missed it too :C
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Count me in.

lolz.

I missed it too :C

It was just some whiny chick saying all the buff, built guys on here are rude and condescending and they are only on here to condescend to fat people, basically. She was jealous, in other words.

It was extremely short lived.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    People who work hard for their bodies are HOT. That's all.
    Now where are all the pictures of built buff guys i expected to see when i clicked this thread???:grumble:
  • farfoorah
    Options
    Awww man...I love really built and buff men!