Sodas

Options
I love Dr. Pepper. I drink it all the time. Today when I realized I had to start counting my calories, I realized that at 250 calories a bottle, I'd rather have tasty food instead. I turned down the soda for my diet. I'm proud of myself, but miss my Dr. Pepper.

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It's sounds like you made the right choice. I'm usually put off soda by reading the ingredients.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think if you keep at it, you'll eventually stop missing it. I haven't had soda in over 8 months. I quit wanting it. Food is much better!!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Soda(not diet) has gotten too thick and terribly sweet since I was a young kid.
    Can't even drink it without feeling gross.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It could be a once in a while treat or maybe go diet instead...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You can still have one every once in a while. Just budget for it in your calories by either a good workout or only drink half the bottle at once.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My husband switched to sodas made with Stevia instead of sugar to fix his soda cravings. He hates diet soda, but like natural sodas. It has helped a lot.
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    I haven't had a soda in two months since I started my diet - only have drank water and some juice here and there and feel a million times better. I didn't drink it a lot before, though, so I might not be the best person to reply to this. :p
  • Jackielyn17
    Options
    I've had to cut out sodas altogether, I have candida, so any form of sugar, unless its stevia, is bad for me, also any caffeine is bad since it inhibits my liver function to battle my stupid condition. i do miss bubbles though once in a while, so i have mineral water. Diet Dr. Pepper was my favorite diet drink though!! barely tastes diet!
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Decisions, decisions. There will be days when Dr. Pepper wins, just stay on track. You can do it!!
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That was a very smart move Carrie! (Wow that's a lot of dr.pepper lol I myself drunk 3 sodass a day and no water before my calorie counting which I thought wasn't too bad but that was until the gut started sticking out )

Just because your on this journey to lose weight it doesn't hurt to have a can once a week (That's what I do )

An I'm still losing weight its just now I drink a lot more water and crystal light because of it lol
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't like drinking my calories, but do like my caffeine - so am happy with coke zero, which I've used to over the years.

Would prefer to keep it for special occasions like exercise etc - but then a good proportion of the western world has a caffeine addiction, so don't feel too bad about it!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I think if you keep at it, you'll eventually stop missing it. I haven't had soda in over 8 months. I quit wanting it. Food is much better!!

Agreed. I used to drink 4-6 cans of Dr. Pepper a day. I thought I'd never be able to give it up but when I started having anxiety issues, I thought maybe giving up caffeine would help. This was before I started trying to lose weight and I lost 10 lbs JUST by giving up the soda. I still have it every now and then (probably one every 2 weeks) but I don't crave it like I used to.
  • Carrievaught
    Options
    I've had to cut out sodas altogether, I have candida, so any form of sugar, unless its stevia, is bad for me, also any caffeine is bad since it inhibits my liver function to battle my stupid condition. i do miss bubbles though once in a while, so i have mineral water. Diet Dr. Pepper was my favorite diet drink though!! barely tastes diet!
    What kind of sodas have stevia? I don't like diet soda, but every once in awhile will sip from my husband's. I've never heard of stevia soda before.
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    Same here! I was drinking almost 800 calories a day.....no wonder why I wasn't losing any weight
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Zevia and Blue Sky Free are both made with Stevia. Some are pretty good, some are downright awful. I like the Zevia cream soda and the Blue Sky Free cherry vanilla cream.
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That's great! I was so addicted to soda/Caffeine and candy for the longest time. I've been on here for just over 6 months and this is day 11 of my NO Soda/Caffeine/Candy change. I feel so much better, of course i still crave it occasionally, but i've been having carbonated water or some carbonated juice, just so i get the bubbles. I think that's what i loved the most....Bubbles, and Sour Gummy candies. So, carbonated water (sometimes) and more fruit for my sour fix. :). I believe it'll get easier as time goes by.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I still drink my soft drink but I have changed to Coke Zero. Drinking water sometimes doesn't go with what I'm eating...
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Good job. Diet Dr, Pepper is pretty good or Walmart's Diet Dr. Thunder - I love that stuff, its their generic Dr. Pepper but better lol. But try to give up sodas if you can and try more water, teas and coffee (unsweetened), and crystal light. I went through a HUGE crystal light phase, buying every flavor I saw and buying them in individual packets - some I like, some I hated, and some I loved. I always kept some packets with me in my purse so I could always add them into my water for a quick taste drink.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!