Do you guys track EVERYTHING?

Options

Replies

• vertigokid
    Options
    Yeah. I brought a bag of grapefruit from Costco, logged it in and was flabbergasted to know that a large grapefruit contains 120 calories! I don't track tea, coffee, or the Werther's Apple Caramel candy, hehehe.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i track everything. sometimes i forget about something small until the next day or the day after, but i do go back and put it in my diary if i remember.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Every single bite ! Every single time !
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    TRACK EVERYTHING there is no negative calorie food a 5calorie gum that you do not swallow has calories no matter what. if you want this site to help you track every single thing you put into your mouth unless ur like me and have a pen chewing problem....no there is no calorie for that lol.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Everything. If you eat it, your body sees the calories and so should your food diary.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I track it all .. good, bad ..and the "oh my"! I don't leave anything to chance
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I track it all.
    Black coffee, mustard, pickles, lettuce, celery, etc.
    I'm not overly concerned about any of the chemicals listed, so I rotate them around periodically.
    Logging everything lets me use the 'report' section to check my overall nutrition.
    I print these and show my doctor when I get my annual physical exam.
    He loves it.
  • chopzgurl05
    chopzgurl05 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I keep track of my fat, protein, and carbohydrate rations so I track everything. Having excellent results keeps me motivated to stick to it!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    anything that goes in my mouth, occasionally I'll have gum and not chart but otherwise everything. Do what you want. My theory is it impacts me so I chart all. Even cheat day, binges, alcohol. Otherwise how will i be able to see trends
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't track gum or spices, especially those I don't measure, but I'm thinking I should start measuring and tracking salt. I don't track things without calories like tea with splenda or vitamins. I don't measure a lot of stuff when I'm cooking, and I don't know how to figure out servings. I've started trying to keep track of measurements, because it's hard to accurately value half an onion or a handful of spinach.
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    lol, apple has at least 150 calories in it. eat 10 apples, and thats 1500 calorie, with tons of sugar, a good way to get insulin resistance.
    Wow, you must be eating very large apples! :laugh:
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I track every single bite!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I track everything. A single apple. a huge cheat day... everything... always....
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    lol Roybn.. been there, done that, got the t shirt.. and I think I got carpal tunnel from logging that dinner of mine! :laugh:

But the logging serves many purposes... lets you see how much you've improved your eating habits and better choices over time, as well as making you realize sometimes just how MUCH food you actually ate at one meal .... one may not realizing it while you're chowing down and scarfing everything on the plate.. (the one being me!) can really help with the learning process of changing one;s eating habits.. :smile:
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I track everything.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    YES. EVERYTHING!

:P
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I track everything, the only thing I would say is somethings I might not track accurately because of how they fit into a measuring cup. So for example a cup of green beans is like a cruel joke to try to measure LOL
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I track everything that is "substantive" - so say anything over about 25 Cals. Therefore, I don't bother with gum, coffee/tea or "here- taste- this-and-tell-me-if-it-needs-more-curry-powder.

But apples for sure - all fruit and veg.

For me it's not just counting calories, it is also ensuring I'm eating enough variety and enough good stuff - therefore I want "credit" for that carrot I had at lunch :)
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I log everything including black coffee, vitamins and supplements and gum.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I log everything including black coffee, vitamins and supplements and gum.

That's HARDCORE!