Do you guys track EVERYTHING?

Options

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    For me, there are a few exceptions, such as spices, black coffee, gum or the occasional mint, small amounts of mustard or ketchup... And so on.

In the beginning I logged everything. But the 2 calories or whatever for a few grams of lettuce on a sandwich.. I don't bother anymore.
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on weight watchers and fruit and vegtables are free and I do not track on my stools. But.. I also track on MFP and I will track everything. I love the breakdown of carbs, fats and protien.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I track everything but sugar free gum.
    No wait - I don't track mustard.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

But apples for sure - all fruit and veg.

For me it's not just counting calories, it is also ensuring I'm eating enough variety and enough good stuff - therefore I want "credit" for that carrot I had at lunch :)

This!

I track my veggies and fruits and later I can adjust my fruit/veggies intake. Now I'm trying to eat more of it. In fall veggies and fruits have the most vitamins!
  • Amazigh926
    Amazigh926 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What is a sports bean?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every single thing.

No such thing as negative calorie foods or 0 calorie foods.

Only things with 0 calories are air & water.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Even if I have already done the total for the day, if I eat more I add it on. I never count coffee calories (I do count the milk or cream I put in it though) or spices or things with such negligible calories...more effort to look them up and log them than to just assume I'll be off by a few. I also don't count a few extra minutes of exercise, so I figure it evens out. If there are significant calories, I either log it or I compensate by doing additional exercise which I also don't log. My body knows the difference if I'm not honest...so why try to cheat myself.

Barb
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I log everything including black coffee, vitamins and supplements and gum.

That's HARDCORE!

Yep. I do that as well. Some vitamins have calories (esp the gummy versions) and I even count the packets of catsup I use on veggie burgers.

That way I KNOW where I've hit my goals and where I've missed. How else will I know?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I try to track everything except spices.

Even some spices have calories. Chilli powder is 15 cals per teaspoon..... it all adds up.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't track spices or hot sauce, since I'm not going to be measuring that ****. Pour it on, baby.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Everything but the curry powder.

I track my spices too. And as for fruit.....sugar, sugar, sugar....of course you track it!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I log everything including black coffee, vitamins and supplements and gum.

That's HARDCORE!

Yep. I do that as well. Some vitamins have calories (esp the gummy versions) and I even count the packets of catsup I use on veggie burgers.

That way I KNOW where I've hit my goals and where I've missed. How else will I know?

Yep, fish oil has a big amount of calories considering their size, I log ALL my vitamins that I could find info on. Others I can't log cause I can't get info on them. Gum, hell yeah..8 cals a stick.... it's logged. Coffee? Yep mine is 5 cals a cup (no sugar & no milk...and no artificial sweetener)..... all of it adds up if you drink 10 cups a day.

Not hardcore, just not cheating myself :)
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I track pretty much everything but spices such as lemon pepper, black pepper, etc.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I track just about everything. Black coffee, splenda, mustard, gum, garlic cloves . . . the only thing I don't measure is dried spices, because that's just a pain, I'm not going to measure out a quarter teaspoon of black pepper every time I want my food a little spicier than normal lol
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My Greek coffee is listed as having 57 calories. When I learned that I switched to no coffee. (I only really like Greek or Ethiopian coffee black.)
    I track every single bite... I get a lot of little bites of really bad things in a day. If I didn't track them I'd be done for.
    I tracked some steamed veggies a couple of days ago... one serving was about 30 calories. Then I decided to add the garlic powder... and tracked it... only to learn that the Garlic powder was about 32 calories alone!
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I track everything except spices and black coffee without sugar or sweeteners :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    There are no negative calorie foods. Tracking is absolutely your best tool to make this all work for you. Even if you don't always log everything....I have days when I don't get back to it...getting in the habit of thinking about what you're eating and how it tracks is an enormous help. Especially at first...track and log everything. (And whoever told you that about negative calorie foods...especially fruits, which are actually fairly calorie dense....well, I don't think they have your beet interests at heart..)
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options
    Track everything.
    Sauces & fruits, they seem harmless but calories/carbs add up!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I usually do. But, if I have say 200 calories left and eat a piece of fruit (or whatever) and I know I am under my goal, I don't always log it. Usually I will though because I like to keep track of trends in my eating.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I would track something as big as an apple. I don't track gum or condiments. Seems to be working for me.