Walking Dead................spoilers inside.

Options

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    And i've said this before and ill say it again. A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. What happens when they cant find any more formula? Better hope they find a costco

Wow. I didn't think about that. That's just twisted.

When Daryl and Maggie found the daycare, was anyone else thinking that they'd have to fight off a horde of pre-school zombies to get out of there? Or at least they'd encounter a baby infant zombie? and all they got was a possum. Total ripoff.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    And i've said this before and ill say it again. A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. What happens when they cant find any more formula? Better hope they find a costco

When Daryl and Maggie found the daycare, was anyone else thinking that they'd have to fight off a horde of pre-school zombies to get out of there? Or at least they'd encounter a baby infant zombie? and all they got was a possum. Total ripoff.

lol at the zombie toddler thing. Thats exactly what i was thinking about. And why does everyone thing this is "twisted"? Its nature or this kid dies.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

lol at the zombie toddler thing. Thats exactly what i was thinking about. And why does everyone thing this is "twisted"? Its nature or this kid dies.

tHEY WANT TO KEEP ZOMBIE LIDS OUT OF THE SHOW BECAUSE i THINK THERE IS LAWS AGAINST VIOLENCE AGAISET KIDS, ZOMBIES OR OTHERWISE. tHATS WHY YOU DO NOT SEE A STRAIT SHOT OF sOFIA GETTING KILLED.
  • Charlie003
    Options

tHEY WANT TO KEEP ZOMBIE LIDS OUT OF THE SHOW BECAUSE i THINK THERE IS LAWS AGAINST VIOLENCE AGAISET KIDS, ZOMBIES OR OTHERWISE. tHATS WHY YOU DO NOT SEE A STRAIT SHOT OF sOFIA GETTING KILLED.

Stupid caplocks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Before there was "formula," there was a person called a "wet nurse." It used to be a common thing for women to assist one another with nursing babies. Yes, it's nature. There's nothing "twisted" about it.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Before there was "formula," there was a person called a "wet nurse." It used to be a common thing for women to assist one another with nursing babies. Yes, it's nature. There's nothing "twisted" about it.

Let me expand/revise my previous statement: I think it's kinda twisted because it's weird to imagine someone else nursing a child besides the child's mom. It has that that the "Hand That Rocks the Cradle" vibe. When my child went to infant care, we always made sure that it was mama's milk that was clearly labeled to avoid cross-mom contamination. So to me, it's weird and bends my mind a little, like all ideas/revelations that are new to me. But you are right. Twisted is too strong of a word.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Let me expand/revise my previous statement: I think it's kinda twisted because it's weird to imagine someone else nursing a child besides the child's mom. It has that that the "Hand That Rocks the Cradle" vibe. When my child went to infant care, we always made sure that it was mama's milk that was clearly labeled to avoid cross-mom contamination. So to me, it's weird and bends my mind a little, like all ideas/revelations that are new to me. But you are right. Twisted is too strong of a word.

"Cross-mom contamination" is hilarious. :laugh: :laugh:

Milk is milk. They all have the same nutrients. And to think, moms used to "cross-contaminate" before there were bottles and sanitizers. :laugh: I wouldn't get too concerned. Before you know it, your kid will be sharing sodas with their friends at which time the real "contamination" begins. :laugh:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Stupid caplocks.
    In the pilot Rick shoots a <8 year old girl in the head.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Milk is milk. They all have the same nutrients. And to think, moms used to "cross-contaminate" before there were bottles and sanitizers. :laugh: I wouldn't get too concerned. Before you know it, your kid will be sharing sodas with their friends at which time the real "contamination" begins. :laugh:

Anyone else catch that little hook up between Glenn and Maggie in the watchtower two episodes ago? I predict that Maggie is going to get pregnant anyway, to where she can breast feed both babies without said "stimulation". Well, if there is enough, anyway? I've never been prego, so I don't know if breast milk is in limited supply or anything like that. I figure why else would they bother showing that? It's pretty obvious they're hooking up anyway, right? Anyone else agree or is this far-fetched?
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think Rick is feeling GUILTY-that's why he went crazy-he loved her immensely but maybe couldn't forgive her/himself and now she is dead and he can't get forgiveness from her-or for himself.
  • Charlie003
    Options

Stupid caplocks.
    In the pilot Rick shoots a <8 year old girl in the head.

But I do not think it is a clear short. It is cut scene.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you want my prediction but I'm giving it anyways!! I don't think Lori is really dead...I think Carol found her and saved her life because she was preparing for the c-section and knew what to do (far fetched I know but maybe...). And now they're waiting for someone to come rescue them...

BUT question - who's on the phone? Anyone want to make a guess?

I like this version....I am not happy with the direction the show is going in....

I like it too but it looks like we're outnumbered!! Lori's dead (which is ok with me) but I was just hoping for some extra drama!! LOL

Lori is dead, the writers confirmed that she was for sure gone from the show. And in the comic books, it is Lori on the phone, because Rick has completely cracked up. The phone is in his imagination.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    OMG you SO know whats gonna happen,
    Karl NEVER shot his mum,laurie is not dead and she will be found by sophias mum arrhh the name has gone anyways who a "pretend" nurse right so she sort her out and hey ho everyones ok! :bigsmile:
    Unless your a zombie!!!
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    " A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. "

A woman has to stimulate her breasts for weeks and weeks to start lactaction. They needed formula because the baby would obviously die in that time period.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    " A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. "

A woman has to stimulate her breasts for weeks and weeks to start lactaction. They needed formula because the baby would obviously die in that time period.

Well NO S**T! What im saying is someone need to get to sucking...Umm dare I say Gleen? This is about survival, so you have to take one for the team. My husband said the same thing about Gleen having to "take care of business" in hopes that maybe Maggie would start to lactate for the baby.. maybe.
  • beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    FYI... Lori dead, T-Dog dead, Carol, they assume she is deae, but is she? That is the real question.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't think Carol is dead, I think Darryl will probably go looking for her and find her or something like that
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

That was also before there were crackheads. You want your baby drinking milk from a possible crackhead mom's breast?
  • ninisez30
    ninisez30 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do think Rick is being careless, but what is to be expected when U lose someone you love. It was good for Rick to get his anger, and hurt out on the walkers. He needs to now come back to his senses and keep it moving. I feel sorry for that baby, how long do they think the supplies for her will last. Andrea was stupid not to leave with Michonne. She needs to listen and open her eyes to what the Gov is really doing, The Gov is demented.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Michonne, I don't know why, and I know I'm not with the majority on that one. But she just absolutely gets on my nerves. I was glad when she left. I don't care if the Gov is crazy, she had no right to go snooping through his things with that evil *kitten* look on her face all the time.