Fat free low sodium, delicious microwave potato chips

2»

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Must ask Santa for chip tray...if I can wait that long, oh and be good.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I have those microwave chip racks and don't bother with any spray at all and they are very crispy. The easiest way to slice the potatoes very thinly is with a mandoline. They aren't expensive.
  • dlrock
    dlrock Posts: 8 Member
    Those look really good!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    bump!!!!!! Chips are my weakness! Have you tried sweet potato chips yet?
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    thanks sounds yummy
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Bump! I gotta try this! Thanks!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Need to buy the chip rack too????
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 733 Member
    I appreciate the warnings about the spray, but I do not coat the chips with it. It is the barest light mist for 1/2 a second or whatever just so seasoning will stay better when doing flavors.
  • Doberdawn
    I tried to make NoSalt & vinegar chips, but they were disappointing. The method I used was to coat them by drizzling them with cider vinegar & then sprinkling with NoSalt. I found them to be quite bland. I preferred the plain or chipotle. Nothing ventured... If any of you comes up with a good recipe for those, let me know.
  • Doberdawn
    Update: I tried making them without peeling the potatoes & just shoving the whole potato into the processor to slice them up fast. It makes thicker chips that take longer to cook, but were delicious. Leaving the skin on in a thin ring around the edges left the benefits of all the vitamins and fiber that are in the skin. And they were still just as delicious. I also tried a tip from another MFP pal... You can make these without the special tray. Just line the glass tray of the microwave with parchment paper & spread the chips out on it to cook. Oh yeah, and I did try skipping the spray. The seasonings did not stick as well, but they did still come out tasty. The moisture of the fresh sliced potatoes did cause some of the seasonings to still stick & remain.