It is SO cold. Tea time! What kind do you like?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I love love LOVE herbal teas and am wanting to try new ones.

What are your favorites?
    What flavor? :)

I really like cinnamon, cinnamon apple, chai, and mint :)

Christmas time is coming and Celestial seasonings has one called Candy Cane Lane and Sugar Cookie.

They are so awesome. Add some heavy cream and a dash of vanilla and a swirl of a cinnamon stick and it is like eating a candy cane.

I just had someone tell me about the sugar cookie one last night! With heavy cream i bet it is divine.
    Thinking of picking up those Christmas ones for sure! and some heavy cream ^-^
  • I hate tea ._.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My favorite - Read my Lips from David's Tea - Chinese black tea, vanilla, dark chocolate, pink and red peppercorns.

Runners up would be Mango Diablo - green tea, mango, lily, crushed chili, chili threads, stevi and flavoring. It's really nice iced too.

There is a nice cherry one too.

Chai Guarana gets me through backshift and so good.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Love green tea: faves include Lipton Mandarin Orange and any fruity flavoured green tea, especially super fruits
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    forever nut from davids tea !! yumm!

yes this! so good!
    i'm a davids tea addict.
    everyone should try some!

creme caramel rooibos is also a current fave of mine.
    and if i need extra soothing i add a little coconut milk (the kind from a can).
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    also i just realized today that i hate chamomile.

i keep trying to like it but everytime i do it just tastes like soapy grass to me.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    GReat idea! Gonna make myself a cup of Good earth sweet and spicy tea!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon apple spice and any flavor of the Lipton green teas.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    cocoa husk tea. It's made from the husk of cocoa beans. It's amazing. It has a light chocolate flavor similar to hot chocolate but with almost no calories and even smoother
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Tea is good and all, but I drink that even when it's hot outside. Winter is all about hot cocoa!

ETA: Has anyone in here tried corn tea? It's actually pretty good.
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I'm a hot chocolate person, but I like hibiscus leaf teas even though they're kind of tropical right now and it feels weird to drink it when it's so cold outside. My go-to lately has been the honey vanilla chamomile. There's some unique ones posted, so look forward to trying some of these.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I LOVE green tea and chamomile lavender (calms me :wink: ).

I'm a big fan of Teavana's loose leaf teas. I try anything that sounds yummy!
  • thistimevictory
    Options
    doodh patti: boil a mug of milk, as soon as milk starts boiling, put half a tea spoon of black tea in it with sugar (if you like). Wait about 2 minuets

ilaichi chai: start boiling a mug of water, add some milk into it (as much as you prefer) with 2 pods of cardamom. As soon as it starts boiling, add 1/2 tsp of black tea with sugar. Boil for 2 more minutes,

If you take away the cardamom from the above ilaichi chai then that is regular indian chai. If you make that 1 tsp of black tea in it then it is tadak chai. If you add Jaggery in the start of boiling process in any of those chais then it becomes "gur chai" (or "gud chai")

This is how we make it in Pakistan and many areas of India.

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing - I will definitely try it out.

My favorite tea is homemade original yogi tea:

2 quarts water
    15 cloves
    20 black peppercorns
    20 green cardamon pods
    3 cinnamon sticks (4-5" ones)
    8 slices of fresh ginger (organic is stronger so you might want to put more of the bigger kind)
    - boil for an hour and fill your home with it's wonderful smell! Then turn off the heat and add:
    1 tsp of black tea leaves and let it stand.

This tea can be kept in the fridge for up to a week and reheated as needed. It's a good idea to add warm milk to your cup to help the spiciness from getting to your throat. :-)

Enjoy!
    I enjoy doodh patti chai daily with cloves and ginger, I HAVE to try this recipe too now. Thanks for sharing ! :flowerforyou:
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    GREAN TEA. even with mint and lemon grass. I now crave it in the cold evenings after my 6 month is down for the night. Helps with cravings and I just feel warm afterwards. I also like spiced teas too.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    C.O. Bigelow Cinnamon

C.O. Bigelow Peppermint

Celestial Gingerbread
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Truth tea... love dishing that out to those who can take it.

But in the drinkable kind, I LOVE tea and drink it every day. Camomile before bad. During the day I drink Guayaki Yerba Mate; Chai; China Mist - Passion Fruit, Jasmine Green, Organic Ginger Green; Bigelow Earl Grey or Raspberry Royale; Lipton Bavarian Wild Berry; Two Leaves and a Bud - anything! :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey, orange & spice, or chai. Mmmm....
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I discovered cinnamon-orange tea while in Seattle last month. I bought four ounces of the loose tea to bring home, and WISH I had bought more! It's wonderful! It comes in regular and decaf, and I highly recommend it. You can get it on their website (marketspice.com).

Most days I'd rather have that tea than coffee!