Why have I only lost 0.5lb this week?

Options
Why have I only lost 0.5lb this week? I was about 2600 calories under my weekly goal, based on 1390 cals per day, so nearly a 7000 cal deficit and still only lost 0.5.. Any reason why?? Gutted isn't the word!

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Shake it off...keep going.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I sometimes don't lose weight for weeks and then a whoosh comes where I lose 3-4 pounds in a short period of time. Stick to the program.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Just because. You will even have weeks when your weight bumps up a little bit for no reason that you can put a finger on.

Keep doing the work. Your body will make the adjustments that it has to make, and weight loss will follow. It's a pretty bumpy road for most of us.

(that's why I plan to weigh myself only once per month)
  • gem5639
    Options
    I will keep at it without a doubt, it's just sickening! Doesn't help it's my birthday this weeked so it's going to be calorific and that's just the alcohol! I'll have to stick to vodka & diet coke!

But thanks... Hopefully it will be 3-4 the week after :) x
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    All of our bodies fluctuate and today's weigh in might just be a reflection of this. I am sure you'll see a loss next week.
  • SamBlease73
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough! Your metabolism will slow right down if you go into starvation mode. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water (or caffeine & sugar free non-carbonated drinks) as it is nearly impossible to lose weight if you dehydrate - don't know why exactly but it's true!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    1390 caloric goal per day.
    7000 caloric under per week = 1000 less per day

That's 390 calories per day you are eating? Or is m math any off, which is often is.
  • gem5639
    Options
    No, my daily goal is 1390, so that's a deficit of 610 per day on women's RDA/intake, so straight away that's 4270 under weekly. Then I will eat 1390, however as I'm exercising 5-6 times per week, daily net intakes tend to be anywhere between 700-1000. So not in starvation mode as I'm still physically eating 1390 per day
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Ah, thanks for the explanation! I am frequently about 250 under my goal of 1450. I figure (hope) it is not a 'starvation' thing. I hope that We're fine as long as we stay at least 1200.

I hate that wieghtloss isn't linear.i have gone up a little from last week, too. I figure it's normal fluctuation, but I will try to get some more workouts done this week.

Good luck with your eating and moving and numbers!
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    your daily net intakes are too low, that may be the reason to why you are not losing more. I would get it up to 1200 and switch up your exercise
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take weekly measurements. Forget the scale. Only use it 2x per month to see if you're not gaining.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Near that time of month? Drinking your water? .. 0.5 pounds is still good, it also depends on what you have to lose overall to start with.
    Also I eat nearly 2000 cals a day, and am on a lower carbohydrate diet and still have good weight loss. Some people just need to eat more.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    there are more ways than just weighing yourself to measure success. clothes fit better, measurements are smaller, you have more energy..

I havent lost weight in months..but my weight is shifting, my clothes fit better, and I have loads of energy
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Might be worth seeing a doctor, and getting some blood work done.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As has already been said - weight loss is not linear. It can be masked by water weight fluctuations which can be caused by, among other things, sodium, exercise, monthly cycles, different macro mix.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough.
  • Schooley2
    Options
    You might just be gaining muscle, since you're exercising, and muscle weighs more than fat. Try measuring your inches and see if you're losing there. :smile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You might just have to poop. Or ate too much sodium.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happen to me ALL the time. Weight loss is definitely not linear as people have said. I will go for a week or two and only lose a lb or two, then lose 5-6 lbs the next week. I think TOTM has a lot to do with it for me. Just stay the course and do what you're supposed to do faithfully with diet and exercise, and it WILL come off!
  • gem5639
    Options
    your daily net intakes are too low, that may be the reason to why you are not losing more. I would get it up to 1200 and switch up your exercise

This could definitely be worth a try! I've got 12 outdoor bootcamp sessions coming up soon too, so I'll try having a higher net as I take these on!