Random - Have you ever lived in or visited Australia??

Options
124»

Replies

• Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm actually the opposite!

I live in NSW, Australia where I was born but I have applied to live in America. My partner and I would like to try it for 3 years while we're still young enough (27 is still young isn't it? :P) to uproot and start again somewhere. We were thinking California, Chicago and then New York :)

Good luck in your decision
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Living in the UK at the moment bur miss Oz.

I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of ragged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror
    The wide brown land for me!

Dorothea MacKellar
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We do have to be careful about snakes at the moment, I live close to bush, and right now it's prime snake time. Don't go in long grass, and be aware of the possibility you might come across one.

Hard to tell inquisitive children and dogs this though, that's the scary part.
  • Think of it this way - do you want to shovel snow or sweep sand?

Melbourne weather is nothing compared to a Canadian winter - you won't even find it cold!

I live right by the beach, like right opposite & I don't sweep sand at all from anywhere.
    As for Melbourne cold? May not snow (has once or twice) but damn it's cold. I've lived here all my life (37 years) and I still can't get used to the cold.

Compared to a Canadian winter - Melbourne winter is mild.
    We might get snow once or twice in Melbourne but where I lived in Canada it snowed for over six months and that was in the southern parts.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I live in New Zealand, but mum lives over there so visit once a yearish
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I live in QLD Australia. I'm biased but I think it's a fantastic country.. :-D Where are you thinking about moving to?

We have some old family friends who live in Melbourne and are coaxing us to come :wink: I think we're looking in that area and see how it goes!

All of your posts are fantastic! Thank you all for your input and suggestions/comments!! :heart: :heart:
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I live in Brisbane, Australia.

If you tell us what you are into we can tell you what city might suit you best.

Eg... If you are into the outdoors and/or the beach culture and you love great weather or being semi-naked most of the year Brisbane (Gold or Sunshine Coast) might be for you.

If you are into food, cafes, art, theatre etc (usually lumped together under the term 'culture') Melbourne is your city. Melbourne is also probably Australia's greatest sport loving city. Don't live in Melbourne if you don't like rain.

I can't think of a good reason to live in Sydney sorry :)

We're into everything - we have 2 teenagers (14yr boy and 16yr girl). He's into sports/music, she's into art/music. My husband loves the outdoors as do I and I love the beach...

This thread is so helpful in our decision making!! :happy: :happy: I'm enjoying reading everyone's positive feedback!!
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I live in Brisbane, Australia.

If you tell us what you are into we can tell you what city might suit you best.

Eg... If you are into the outdoors and/or the beach culture and you love great weather or being semi-naked most of the year Brisbane (Gold or Sunshine Coast) might be for you.

If you are into food, cafes, art, theatre etc (usually lumped together under the term 'culture') Melbourne is your city. Melbourne is also probably Australia's greatest sport loving city. Don't live in Melbourne if you don't like rain.

I can't think of a good reason to live in Sydney sorry :)

We're into everything - we have 2 teenagers (14yr boy and 16yr girl). He's into sports/music, she's into art/music. My husband loves the outdoors as do I and I love the beach...

This thread is so helpful in our decision making!! :happy: :happy: I'm enjoying reading everyone's positive feedback!!

Ok well.... It looks like you are going to need two houses. One in Melbourne and one somewhere near the coast in South-east Queensland (Brisbane area).

Spend half the year in Melboune and half in Brisbane. Hopefully that's not too much of a stretch. Problem solved.

Seriously though... Melbourne is an awesome city... I live in Brisbane but love to visit Melbourne. The weather can suck sometimes that's all.

Good luck :)