Healthiest way to eat out... what are your tricks?

13»

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Mexican - I usually get chicken fajitas and do not eat the tortillas - just the chicken and veggies. It is very low in calories.

Don't forget about the oil they use to cook those with!
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    I agree with the guy who said earlier to just go ahead and eat. If you order a meal and take off the sauce, the bread, the tortillas, the cheese, etc. you might as well just sit at home and eat a rice cake and a glass of water. I don't eat out more than once a month because the meal I can make at home for 500 calories is a hell of lot better than the stripped down meal at a restaurant. I f you want to go out, just work out harder that day and enjoy the splurge, eat 1500 cals and realize that weight loss/maintanance is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    My favorite when I'm traveling is just a good grocery store that has fresh california roll sushi, a sugar free yogurt (or maybe one with just a little honey in it), and a kombucha drink. That is all and I am in heaven. But that is a treat for me as I never really eat out. Sort of something fun I do when I'm running errands and don't feel like packing my food that day.