I am obsese...at least that is what the chart is telling me?

Options
13»

Replies

• Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    All great replies..I do think that chart is out dated and is more of a guideline but it just takes some people(ME!!) years to stop bothering with the silly thing!

:heart:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    BMI is a long ton of manure. They don't take into account people that have really large bones or high muscle mass. If it weren't for that and everyone had bird bones and no muscle they might be ok.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    BMI is the most UNRELIABLE method..... i ignore it- it doesnt take account for muscle. yes im big, but i probably have less inches than someone of the same height and weight as me that doesnt take part in physical activity!
  • ciska1126
    ciska1126 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Army is constantly telling me that I'm overweight. Its all in how you feel about yourself. Just be healthly in the things you do.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Those BMI charts are antiquated! I'm considered morbidly obese! I know I can drop some more pounds but .....

Every population based chart will have some outliers because they are designed on averages. Judging by your profile pic you have an above average amount of muscle. Do you really believe that the because you worked hard to put yourself outside the norm, that now makes the norm antiquated?