40 Day Juicing Fast:)

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am embarking on a journey to lose weight on a 40 day juice fast. After watching the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" I was inspired to juice for 40 days to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle. I encourage anyone interested to join me in this journey, we can do it together! I currently weigh 210lbs. I am 5'4, my goal weight is 150lbs.! So as you can see I have a long journey ahead of me. Please add me as a friend if you would like motivation or support, even if you aren't intrested in the juice fast. I am a great cheerleader! :)

To love, life and happiness, Cheers!:drinker:

-DreamUpstream

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Hi dreamupstream,

I saw that film too. It was incredible and gave me a kick start at the time and opened my eyes about our diets. I lasted about a week. I wasn't doing a full juicing diet but replaced a meal with the juice instead. I didn't stop because I got tired of the juicing but because it was way too expensive for me to maintain. Good luck to you.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on getting your protein drinking only juice?
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just curious, IMHO the secret to weightloss is a healthy, balanced and low calorie diet. Can juice really bring you that or do you have to supplement with pills for the missing nutrients?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    seems legit
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the juicing fast. I, too, saw the video and was motivated to give it a try. I did see some early results, However, the juicer ejector port would get clogged while in use, was very cumbersome to clean, and I didn't like throwing away the pulp and healthy fiber that was ejected from the juicer. After a couple of weeks, I was able to return the juicer and opted for a Vitamix blender that pulverizes the fruits and vegetables without the waste. Clean up is a cinch. Again, good luck to you. The results the from the video were amazing!
  • Vixiedust
    Vixiedust Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From a combination of fruits and veggies:)

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

•Bananas: 4 percent
    •Cucumbers: 11 percent
    •Oranges: 7 percent
    •Green Leaf Lettuce: 22 percent
    •Watermelon: 7 percent
    •Eggs: 37 percent
    •Whole Milk: 23 percent
    •Beef: 50 percent.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

You're going to be drinking a lot of lettuce. I still wouldn't recommend doing it for the whole 40 days.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Only juice? For 40 days? Holy diarrhea batman :noway:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I've actually done this, and after the first few weeks of anger and agony and being pissed that i couldnt eat some mufking pizza, i just decided to lift weights instead. Worst 3 weeks of my life - and on a lighter note I feel better and look better now from doing 6 weeks of lifitng and eating right,
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

See table below:

Protein Comparison:

You're going to be drinking a lot of lettuce. I still wouldn't recommend doing it for the whole 40 days.

and you're gonna grind beef in it?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    While there is no way on Earth I could ever mentally handle a juice fast, I wish you the best. Some people will be nasty about your decision but if your committed to it, then ignore them.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Only juice? For 40 days? Holy diarrhea batman :noway:

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't last a week :laugh:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Not even an option for those of us taking insulin but I still wouldn't recommend it.

Good luck to you.

Whoops-typo.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    dafuq.jpg
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Plus unless you make permanent changes after the fast, you will gain all the weight back.

I guess I always had a hard time buying into the cleansing stuff...Maybe it's just me.
  • Amisha136
    Amisha136 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it's a GREAT idea... and so do my physicians who are not drug pushers or diet pushers and advocate true health and wellness. Don't be afraid! Go for it!!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It amazes me how many people make huge decisions in their life based on a movie.

Have you discussed this with your doctor and is he/she okay with it? I honestly would like to know what they say.
  • emarty29
    emarty29 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I went on a 30 day water fast and had no problems. I lost 40 pounds and then slowly gained it all back. I'm now eating 1700 calories for 6 months and should lose the same amount or more by eating which is better for me. However, the cleansing effect from my water fast was amazing. Good luck. Juice should be no problem.
  • Vixiedust
    Options
    Yes I have, she gave me the okay to begin and I will be going to see her as often as id like. Im sorry this doesn't appeal to you, but you shouldn't have gone out of your way to bash on my plans. I wish you luck on your weight loss!
  • Vixiedust
    Options
    No im not going to grind beef:) I simply added it to show how much protein it contains, which is why it is the easier route to take for protein intake.