Ugg Boots

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I swear Burlingame, CA is the capital of girls wearing uggs with skirts. When I was in high school, EVERY girl had uggs. I HAD to have them. We all wore them with skirts.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's a status thing. You aren't "cool" if you don't own Uggs. If you buy her the off brand, she will cry.

101% true. I have a 13yo girl. I've read online (also 101% true) that Uggs are out. If so, what's the next $225 must-have boot?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    They are sheepskin boots and well made. They stay cooler in the summer and warm in the winter.

I like them. I don't wear Crocs.

I have a pair of boots, couple pairs of clog style I can wear to work and a pair of slippers.....

I can't believe I just admitted this.

and yes.....as LGS said....if you get her knockoffs she will cry, and they usually aren't as well made.

Hey Mister Fashionista what colors are in right now?
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If Uggs are now out, maybe Moncler is the new in thing....
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see someone with UGGS on I wonder if they wear Crocs in the Summer.

Not much is hotter than Uggs with a skirt and tan legs.

Umm.
    A lot of things are hotter then that..
  • LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Crocs are definitely not trailer trash or hippie--- lots of us in the medical field wear them and I hear chefs like them too. They're cheap, light, comfortable and can be cleaned more easily than other shoes.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    It's a status thing. You aren't "cool" if you don't own Uggs. If you buy her the off brand, she will cry.

101% true. I have a 13yo girl. I've read online (also 101% true) that Uggs are out. If so, what's the next $225 must-have boot?

Strappy boots are in the year (maybe not with kids). Like these...

strappy.jpg

..only I got mine for $42.00.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

except crocs are hideous and usually seen on trailer trash types, or hippies....and I almost always see uggs on gorgeous model looking women. Could be a California thing though.

Wrong!

full_no-uggs-with-skirt.jpeg

But this is oh so right:

pink%2Buggs%2Bwith%2Bminiskirt.JPG
    Crocs are definitely not trailer trash or hippie--- lots of us in the medical field wear them and I hear chefs like them too. They're cheap, light, comfortable and can be cleaned more easily than other shoes.

just please don't wear them in public.

I hear certain professions like overalls....they are still hideous despite their practicality.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

except crocs are hideous and usually seen on trailer trash types, or hippies....and I almost always see uggs on gorgeous model looking women. Could be a California thing though.

Wrong!

full_no-uggs-with-skirt.jpeg

is that a thigh gap?
  • Dub_D
    Options

But this is oh so right:

Yeah.. I don't think it's the Uggs making that picture "oh so right".
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    They feel like you are walking on cushions! and they keep your feet super warm in those cold cold days
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

But this is oh so right:

Yeah.. I don't think it's the Uggs making that picture "oh so right".

If I saw her walking down the street regardless of how hot she looks I'd think she looked like an idiot wearing uggs in the middle of summer with a skirt.

But then again I don't really like uggs.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

I wear crocs, but my ugg-type boots are cheap off-brand ones.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

But this is oh so right:

that and the T-shirt dresses you see girls wearing in college now are both pretty stupid to me, I don't care how hot the girl is wearing them.

Besides, wouldn't that make your feet sweat something horrible? Yeah, toe fungus is in...
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't like Ugg boots or Crocs. And for the record Crocs were designed to wear as beach/deck shoes.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I have NO idea what the obsession with UGGlies are...NONE
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I just got a pair and they are ridiculously warm and comfy. I live in the UP so it's already cold and snowy and most of the time when I'm outside, my feet/calves are the only thing that doesn't feeling like it's going to freeze off. And about the knockoff versions, they may look the same, but they are made nowhere as nice as real UGGs. So you can pay more and have them last or save some money but have to buy new ones sooner. They also aren't as warm and comfortable as the real ones. They're a splurge but they're completely worth it :smile:
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

But this is oh so right:

that and the T-shirt dresses you see girls wearing in college now are both pretty stupid to me, I don't care how hot the girl is wearing them.

Besides, wouldn't that make your feet sweat something horrible? Yeah, toe fungus is in...

stupid....but soooooo sexy

victoria-s-secret-sleepshirt-with-short-sleeves_7-cute-victorias-secret-pajamas.jpg
  • Dub_D
    Options

But this is oh so right:

stupid....but soooooo sexy

victoria-s-secret-sleepshirt-with-short-sleeves_7-cute-victorias-secret-pajamas.jpg

That's a cute night gown!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options

you need to get out more