Replies

• _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Friends don't let friends wear Uggs. :noway:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Omg they are soooo comfortable though and when you have almost constant foot pain like myself - I have NO SHAME in saying I want some
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My Granny had a pair in the 80s, of course back then we just called them Granny boots! Hideous, slipper boots that scream 'I've given up on trying to be hot!'....
  • _JR_
    Options
    I can't speak for all women who wear them, but the ones that I actually knew, I could never take seriously.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    They are ugly
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    My daughter wants a pair for Christmas, whats so special about them?

I have no idea. I think they're ugly as sin. How they became so popular is a mystery.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    These are my Crocs. They have come a long ways!! I wouldn't wear the ones with holes in them.

crocs-hover-mid-sneakers-for-men-women-3-colors
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see someone with UGGS on I wonder if they wear Crocs in the Summer.

AHAHAH!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's a status thing. You aren't "cool" if you don't own Uggs. If you buy her the off brand, she will cry.

^this.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Tell her they went out of style two years ago. And they're bad for her feet.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    <---- these gams look cute in Uggs. :smokin:
  • _JR_
    Options

The gams would look cute in a burlap sack! :love: :flowerforyou:
  • _JR_
    Options

Still attached to your body, of course. :wink:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I never understood the craziness over them, a friend said she loved hers, wouldn't stop talking about it.

So I bought a knockoff pair at Costco (they have really good quality stuff), I LOVE my sheepskin boots, and I've had them for 4 years.

Yes they are ugly, but they are so comfy and warm.

OP, when I was a kid, my parent refused to buy name brand clothing for me, if I wanted something name brand, I had to save my money to buy it for myself. Offer your kid to pay for half, if she wants them bad enough, she will come up with the other half. Then everybody is happy.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

Still attached to your body, of course. :wink:

Hahaha!!! I adore you.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Everytime I see someone with UGGS on I wonder if they wear Crocs in the Summer.

why yes, yes i do
    (if I HAVE to wear shoes...)
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    These are my Crocs. They have come a long ways!! I wouldn't wear the ones with holes in them.

crocs-hover-mid-sneakers-for-men-women-3-colors

These are just knock-off Converse Chucks.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My daughter (13 yo) and I both have Uggs and Bear Paws.
    We both prefer the Bear Paws.
    1/4 the cost (I always find a deal online) and more comfortable...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    nothing...they are overpriced and ugly..
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I own a pair of Uggs. I bought mine off of ebay where I got them for half the price, but they are still the real thing. My feet are cold all the time so having a pair of shoes that keeps my feet warm is a plus in my book.

If you treat the outside of them (there suede) you can have them for a very long time. I had one pair that lasted be over 5 years before I had to part with them due to a hole in the heel.

Perhaps look at ebay to see if someone has a pair they are auctioning off (as always make sure you do your homework so you don;t end up buying knock offs) or if its in the budget to buy them as a Christmas gift- then let that be the gift that she gets. Also children size UGGs are cheaper than adults, and there is also a price difference in the "short" ones compared to the "tall" ones.

I think most of the adults here are forgetting that this is a question about what a kid would want, and not a 20+. Also, to each there own, you may not like them, but don't sit there and hate on someone because they do.