Crazy abs?!

Options
13»

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Here it is : weighted crunches 4 sets, weighted captain chairs 6 sets, weighted leg raises ( use chains ) 4 sets, weighted decline crunches 6 sets . Complete once a week.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It depends on almost 90% what you eat and at what time.

No, it doesn't.

Visible abs are about having a low enough body fat. They typically begin to show at around 12%, and are fully visible by 10%

I'm going to go a bit against the majority here, I don't think core stability exercises like planks are particularly useful if you're doing exercises like squats and deadlifts. They can be used to strengthen your core if it's weak, but after a certain point, you're getting more than enough stability work be doing the big lifts.

Also, in my opinion direct ab work can be useful, although you do reach the point of diminishing returns rather quickly. However, this is only if (a big if) the exercise(s) that you do directly work the ab muscles. Most people think their working their abs directly when what they're really doing is direct hip flexor work mixed with core stability.
    Pretty much this.

No direct ab work done.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    lower body fat % + core engagement during ALL your exercises = development and definition in your midsection.

One thing I hate seeing is folks compromising their form just to show off how much they either can press, pull, push, etc. Concentrate on your form which includes engaging your core during an exercise and you will begin to notice development. If your form is off, an injury or strain will certainly follow...
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. The overwhelming theme is BF% which makes sense. When I cut I imagine they will come out.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    Im lucky to have abs... I hardly ever work on them. had them since I was about 11 years old...