Is it bad that..

2»

Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    I think you are right!I lost weight through diet alone and I never exercised I put it all back on but not through lack of exercise it was what I was eating,now I watch what I eat I try to stick around 1500 cals a day and I aim to burn 500 each day through exercise I am very fit but I havnt lost weight in months,so I think I probably eat a bit too much but honestly under 1500 and Im just too hungry,I just dont think exercise make a huge pile of difference to weight loss as for feeling well in mind and body you just cant beat it!So I would say go with the eating like you said and add the exercise when you are ready!very best of luck!
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    No, but starting today would be better

^^^^this
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Not at all. You have to start begin somewhere?

But can I ask why you don't want to exercise? Even if you toss in a 30 minute walk 3 times a week or an exercise DVD, you will gain great benefits. Exercise is more than just to lose weight, it provides a healthy heart and body. It gives you energy and gives you a great metabolism boost.

But to simply answer your question. No, it is not bad.

Good luck!! :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    .. I want to really commit to exercising after new year (New years resolution) and just focus on my calories and food for the moment ??

not at all....BUT...since you asked you must be thinking somewhere near that..

start with 1 minute of anything...like a few jumping jacks...or start stretching 5 minutes each morning...

then move up to 2 minutes and so on

you will be SHOCKED how much better you feel about yourself and how you will start going longer and feeling better

can you do one minute? of course you can....you will be better off mentally and phyisically
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I do this all the time- dont let the fact that your switch date is around New Years fool you into thinking that you're putting off starting. Its cycling priorities, which helps many people so much more than the whole "baby steps" method. Focus on your nutrition for 4-6 weeks, then switch the focus to cardio and try to carry over the nutrition stuff as best as you can. Then switch to strength and weights and carry over a little bit of the cardio focus and dont forget nutrition. Then you switch back to organizing and planning as your priority - to make sure you can schedule time to keep up with all your responsibilities and playtime. Then you need to focus on your nutrition again because its been too long since it was a priority and you start the whole cycle over. Have mini goals to meet between priority shifts and make sure that you do something that marks that shift as a milestone! New Itunes for new kinds of workouts, a new piece of gear, a weigh in, a measuring day, a new dry erase board, progress pics, a new workoutfit. - make it fun,

Who cares if the switch is around the first day of a month?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I do this all the time- dont let the fact that your switch date is around New Years fool you into thinking that you're putting off starting. Its cycling priorities, which helps many people so much more than the whole "baby steps" method. Focus on your nutrition for 4-6 weeks, then switch the focus to cardio and try to carry over the nutrition stuff as best as you can. Then switch to strength and weights and carry over a little bit of the cardio focus and dont forget nutrition. Then you switch back to organizing and planning as your priority - to make sure you can schedule time to keep up with all your responsibilities and playtime. Then you need to focus on your nutrition again because its been too long since it was a priority and you start the whole cycle over. Have mini goals to meet between priority shifts and make sure that you do something that marks that shift as a milestone! New Itunes for new kinds of workouts, a new piece of gear, a weigh in, a measuring day, a new dry erase board, progress pics, a new workoutfit. - make it fun,

respectfully disagree with switching like this...too complicated...it doesnt have to be focus on only one thing for me...get in a groove with your nutrition, add exercise, get a routine that you enjoy and can maintain and enjoy
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    I'm having a hard time thinking of a new years resolution this year because it's usually to get in better shape. but this year I'm already doing it. maybe this year it's time to learn how to juggle.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

respectfully disagree with switching like this...too complicated...it doesnt have to be focus on only one thing for me...get in a groove with your nutrition, add exercise, get a routine that you enjoy and can maintain and enjoy

Well, if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for anyone. :flowerforyou:
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    It's not bad if it's what works for YOU. It's all about baby steps, if you think this will make you more successful, then by all means go for it. Sometimes the all or nothing approach doesn't work, so I see nothing wrong with it personally.