Oral Fixation...

Options
13»

Replies

• gamergirl4283
    gamergirl4283 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also have the same issue you are having with food...I feel like I constatly need to munch on something to keep myself satisfied...I stick to drinking water...or if your like me and you hate water lol I like to add the 0 calorie arizona tea packets to my water.
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Your right, I am disapointed!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Chew gum, drink water and brush your teeth....

i can't eat for quite a while after I brush my teeth.

someone in my FL said they were incredibly disappointed with my answer....

so i'm adding something to it....

oral sex....it also helps keep the chewing addiction away...

And it's high in protein.....Especially beneficial if you are having trouble reaching your macros.

Sadly it's not high in protein. Only 5 cals with 1.5 grams of protein. :(

That's pretty much pure protein.......1g of protein has 4 cals.

That's good enough for me!!
  • CaliErica
    Options
    Oh My Goodness! Yes. I eat just to eat sometimes. Not even hungry :(
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I smoke a cigarette.

Double oral fixations. Boom.

You said ORAL

Ahhhhh but do you DO oral....
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    i want a cigarette
  • jennifer87402
    jennifer87402 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I will take an apple and cut it up t aking the core out and slice the pieces thinly and eat them its a ton of pieces so im eating for a bit. And at 110 calories for a large one and all natural sugar and my body uses it right away there is no guilt. Can add some Pb on it too.
    Hope it helps
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I chew a lot of gum... Extra has dessert flavored ones that help when I'm dying for sugar. I'm such a sugar *kitten*, lol!

I am also a fan of popcorn - eating one at a time. Same with dry (high volume, lower cal) cereal.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I know how it is. I used to graze all day every day. I can't replace it with gum because chewing too much hurts my temporomandibular joints (TMJ syndrome; I'm a clencher and tooth grinder at night). So far, I've just been toughing it out, telling myself "no", and drinking a lot of water. Some day not being an eating machine should feel much more natural. I can't wait!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options

And it's high in protein.....Especially beneficial if you are having trouble reaching your macros.

Agreed, but 1.5 grams of protein isn't much. That would be a lot of shots in the mouth to amount to the type of grams I need.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hold on a seccy, oral fixation could be the right word.

lets go back to that mad nutter Freud - revolutionary in his time.

One of the phases he has is the Oral phase.

Developed during Birth–2 years: wherein the infant's mouth is the focus of libidinal gratification derived from the pleasure of feeding at the mother's breast, and from the oral exploration of his or her environment, i.e. the tendency to place objects in the mouth.

Orally aggressive: chewing gum and the ends of pencils, etc.
    Orally Passive: smoking, eating, kissing, oral sexual practices
    Oral stage fixation might result in a passive, gullible, immature, manipulative personality.looks for instant gratification

what do you think? Is there a link between over-eaters and Freuds theory?

BINGO!

To the OP - definitely do chewing gum or start occupying your hands somehow .. or something. I also agree with the suggestions of having liquid with you at all times .. when you feel the need to perform your "hand to mouth" cessation .. then lifting a bottle/glass of water and taking a drink will certainly take care of the habit of that action (the motion).

Chewing gum doesn't work for me as I seem to always find myself hungry after chewing it for 15-20 minutes.. my tummy starts to gurgle and I get hunger pangs... so I don't do that. (but that's just me)

You NEED to break your hand to mouth habit .. that's the first thing .. as you stated .. the comfort of eating. That for you is like a young child sucking their thumb and Linus and his blanky .. comfort and security. It pacifies ... Break the habit of mindless nibbling as well. I bet often times.. you don't even realize you're popping a few bites in passing .. reaching for the hand snack you have nearby while you're busy watching TV, hanging on the computer .. or otherwise in a "bored" state

You can do this! Change those habits .. You're beautiful and determined! Remember that!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Agreed, but 1.5 grams of protein isn't much. That would be a lot of shots in the mouth to amount to the type of grams I need.

2-3x per day is a good start