What to add to tuna to keep low fat/calories low?

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Never thought of using some of the ideas! Thanks!
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cayenne and black pepper
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar and black pepper
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    I really like mixing White Tuna with non-fat cottage cheese and a chopped shallot :P
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    supremely spicy hummus is my favorite to mix with it
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice, lemon zest, a touch of olive oil, chopped celery, relish, and--if you want a kick--chopped pickled jalapeno. Serve on light rye flatbread and top with chopped tomato or paprika or both.
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Salsa goes great with tuna.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i add 1 table spoon of extra light mayo with 2 table spoons of natural yogurt and if you mix it up you cant tell! x
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Tuna and cream cheese on a sandwich thin or whatever bread you would prefer.
  • cyndymar
    Options
    Fage nonfat greek yogurt , or hummas total yum . Or u can also add veggies , egg whites a lil almond flour and make a tuna pattie cook in a lil coconut oil total healthy , clean , & yum .
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This will make for absolutely killer breath, but I typically eat my tuna with olive oil (barely a tsp tbh), chopped raw onions and chopped raw garlic. Occasionally with some tomatoes and mushrooms.

Not overly creamy though.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    5 oz can tuna
    1/2 an avocado (2 oz)
    2 Tbsp salsa
    lemon juice
    dill
    mix well mashed together
    top a salad with it and balsamic dressing.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    fat free plain greek yogurt and frank's. Buffalo tuna. MMM
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to try the Greek Yogurt option like everyone says. I bought some Fage Plain Greek Yogurt and would like to try it out. How much do you put into a regular 6-7oz can of tuna, and how long does it stay if you don't eat it all at once?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I use sour cream. Either the Trader Joe's low fat one or the Lilly Light Sour Cream. the TJ's one has 15 calories per 30g (two tablespoons) and Lilly's has 33 calories per 30g. Both are all natural but the Lilly's tastes better. :)

And then I mix in sriracha and sometimes about 1oz of avocado.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    For a regular can of tuna, I start with around 2 teaspoons and up it from there depending on what I put with it.
    If I'm doing the buffalo tuna, I'll use 1 teaspoon yogurt, 1 teaspoon franks, and adjust from there.
  • nixie70
    Options
    I pour a bit of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing (lite) over it and it's delish!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mustard...not the yellow kind, either honey mustard or grey pupon.

I second this one!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love adding apples and jalepeno to tuna, with just enough light olive oil mayo to keep it together. I know it sounds weird, but try it, it's really good. I like putting it on a toasted cinnamon raisin or corn english muffin.